Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 February 2013
This is such a useful book and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the New Testament. I also bought introducing the Old Testament which is a good companion book.
on 29 March 2013
I have enjoyed reading this book. Excellent product service and delivery. I love the way every page is laid out with detailed descriptions of events and illustrations.
on 23 May 2013
I found this book invaluable in helping me understand the books of the New Testament. It is great as a study aid or just to read it.
on 29 September 2009
As someone in training for ministry (as a Reader in the Church of England), this book is on the recommended reading list.

I can only agree with another reviewer of this thoughful and insightful book that it is "an extremely valuable illustrated documentary". The author teaches practical theology and throughout you get a real sense that the ideas presented (especially those on the historical Jesus and the role of Paul) can and should be applied and lived out by Christians today. And that if done, can and will positively impact the world we live in. Paraphrasing an old tv series "The Truth is in Here!"

Excellent book.
on 14 December 2012
I use it as a guide to the bible in a course that i am completing and find it very usefull
This book by John Drane just the perfect Introduction to the New Testament going.

It is a good read and so is suitable for someone who wants a general introduction to the world that Jesus lived in and the early results of his life. Whilst the books simplicity makes it best for A-Level's it is also helpful for the undergraduate student.
on 3 August 2011
Returning to the study of the New Testament ('NT') after some years I thought this might serve to 'bring me up to speed' with current thinking. To some extent it did, but its usefulness is quickly exhausted. For anyone with a very limited knowledge of the NT, and who does not wish to study the subject in greater depth, Drane would serve as an introductory text. It is something of a cut-down coffee table book, with many illustrations. For someone who wishes to take their studies further a text such as Richard Cooke's 'New Testament' in the SCM Core Text series might prove more useful.
on 14 April 2013
I bought it as a core text for teaching NT introduction for lay ministers - perfect choice. Very good background information and some very helpful insights. well illustrated and referenced too.
on 3 May 2015
Very good book. I really like it. Very useful for reference, very good grouping for different information.
on 29 February 2016
Well produced and attractive book. A Good core book for the subject. Does exactly what it says.