5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Bible for a young person
Published on 20 May 2003 by D W Cornfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what we were hoping for, at all
I have bought this book for my 4.5 year old after having read all these awesome reviews as a surprise for the good effort at the per-school ...
Unfortunately, I have to admit I am rather disappointed and judging by the grim on my daughter's face she was not impressed either!...
As my daughter is very keen on all sort of books for children - she brings a new one...
Published 24 months ago by Pawel

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Bible for a young person, 20 May 2003
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (one for every day of the year) picks out the highlights of the Bible and describes them in very accurate descriptions and is complimented by gorgeous drawings which help make this Bible one of the most colourful I have ever seen. From Genesis to Revelation, Old Testament to New Testament and from Moses to Jesus, this Bible is the perfect companion to any kid (or any adult for that matter) who wants to know about the Bible. My copy has fallen to pieces after years of reading, but I haven't finished with it yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful present, 11 May 2005
R Coombe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I brought this book as a present for my sister who needed a child friendly bible for her RE lessons. I've used mine in school for several years and find it presents the key messages in a simple, clear and enjoyable way with beautiful illustrations to match every story. Whether you religious or not, this book makes a great gift for any primary teacher or any child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, ideal for grown-ups., 16 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
When some adults asked my advice on "finding out what the whole Bible is really about" I advised them to buy this children's book and read it. It has pretty much all the "stories" - accurately if simply told - and although there are bits left out (the prophets, for instance,) it does an astonishingly good job of distilling the essence of the Bible. I've been teaching Sunday School for nearly twenty years, I've written children's Bible books myself, and I've read widely - yet I've never come across such a good version as this. If you are grown-up and find the Bible daunting, but would like to know a little more - read this. I promise, you won't have been short-changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading age 9/10, 5 Jan. 2010
rossuk (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
I bought this for my godson, my sister who is a primary school teacher, says that the reading age is 9 to 10. He is only 8 so he will grow into it. The pictures are quite good too. It is a paraphrase as you would expect for this age, but I found it OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars you will want to read it once the kids go to sleep, 12 April 2007
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
I found this book to be a very interesting read for everybody regardless of religion. Ina time where materialism and greed has eclipsed the need for human values;it is essential that books like these inculcate our children with the use of simple language and graphics. A very good concept in that a story can be read per day every year. However, this book has such a repat value that you will want to read it once the kids go to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Priceless Read for kids, 7 Mar. 2010
Mr. D. Stevens (Limerick, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
I read these exciting stories to my grand kids and they keep asking for more! The stories are each bite size but they flow together beautifully to tell HIS-Story. In my opinion this is one of the best Children's Bibles covering more than the usual well known stories in a graphic way. Ten years olds should have no problem reading it. You'll never be sorry you bought this bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 21 Feb. 2011
L. J. Cullen "Loving Life!" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
A really nice easy reading Bible for children. The pictures were great, with much detail and the day to day stories make it easy to hold their attention without it becoming long and drawn out. In fact i learnt alot too!

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 16 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
the book arrived very quickly and in excellent condition, after looking through this book and seeing the quality illustrations and easy to read stories i think it is a good first book for young children

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids bible, 7 Jun. 2014
Sophie Faizey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
Bought this for my 8 year old son who has developed an interest in religion. At first glance the wording is small and lots of it so I thought it maybe a bit too old for him. How wrong was I! He reads it every night, relaying the story back to me, so he's definitely understanding and enjoying what he is reading. I do have a 9 year old though who doesn't read as well as his brother, and I know it would be too difficult for him, so it all depends on the reading ability of the child. This is a lovely bible with lots of interesting stories & wonderful illustrations. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible for kids, 27 Dec. 2013
R. Davidson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Children's Bible in 365 Stories (Paperback)
Great bible for kids, my year old is excited to have a real Bible! It has great sections at the end with questions and then scripture references for the answers, and scriptures listed by topic. Of course, not a translation I'd use for studying, and will explain things to my daughter using other translations as well, but I guess you should always do that when studying the Bible anyway.

Note, it uses modern language, which in some cases isn't so great. Instead of saying something like 'laid with' it says the more modern term!

The Children's Bible in 365 Stories
The Children's Bible in 365 Stories by Mary Batchelor (Paperback - 22 Jun. 2001)