5.0 out of 5 stars enLIGHTening
I thouroughly enjoyed this book. It had just the right amount of humourand irreverence to keep we wanting to come back and yet at times proved tobe profound and revealing. The author doesn't get bogged down in dogma ortheological debate and so his bible becomes relevent and meaningful to me. A great way in to the good book.
Published on 24 April 2004 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars a sin in the making!
I saw this book in my local shop and it dawned on me that the authour may have not been blessed to have the word of god with them. The cover picture does not entice the readers and followers of god in with a bolt of lightning coming from the true one down to earth. This represents the apocalypse and the end of the world. This will not sell your book!! I am deeply offended...
Published on 13 Feb 2004 by Emily Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars enLIGHTening, 24 April 2004
This review is from: The Bible from Scratch: A Lightning Tour From Genesis To Revelation (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful overview, 11 Nov 2004
As a young Christian I found this book really useful as a general overview. It's a very helpful and interesting read helping you get to grips with the historical background and main themes that run through the individual books comprising the Bible. I would highly recommend it to other peeps to read ~alongside~ your Bible especially because of the fantastic humour and cartoons :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible facts and Bible overview made fun and easy!, 5 Feb 2013
This is run-through of every book of the Bible plus loads of extra info to make the Good Book a bit easier to understand. The humourous cartoons make it fun for all ages(11-111). It is especially good for using with groups of young people and new christians, and also for those who have found Bible reading rather perplexing. A Minister once told me that the Bible needs to be read in 3 ways:

-through a telscope(overview)
-through normal glasses(regular reading)
-through a microscope(deep study of small chunks)

This book is perfect for the telescope view and I would highly recommend it to all christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible from Scratch, 7 Oct 2011
I bought this book for my son in Y7 because I thought it was published by the Catholic Truth Society (should have scrolled down!). I wish I had a book like this when I was doing religion in school. It is a layman's guide to the bible and gives you a wealth of information in bitesize chunks, keeping it entertaining as well as educational. Everyone should have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Little Blue Book, 16 May 2011
I first came across this when it was 'a little red book' many years ago, when I was new to Bible study. Way back then I had found it really helpful in mapping out the big themes and in tracing the One Story, from Genesis to Revelation. Best of all, though, I found it funny. An antidote to all the stuffiness of traditional commentaries and very, very accessible without being patronising. The only problem was that I would lend it to folk and never get it back! So for a long time I looked to replace my copies, but was told that it was out of print. I was so thrilled to see this re-working of the book back on the shelves. Now it is a must for use in confirmation preparation and in Bible study groups of any kind. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius - great 'confirmation/baptism' gift!, 20 Mar 2011
HAVe bought numerous copies of this book over the years to give away. It gives far more insightful view of the bible than your average sunday morning sermon! I get it for confirmation candidates and I know it will be particularly helpful to one 14 year old dyslexic boy who hates reading. Genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just exactly what's sometimes needed., 10 July 2010
I bought one of these ages ago, when I already knew quite a bit about the Bible. "Loved it loved it - every page great." And more recently when a friend of mine became interested in the Bible, I was really pleased to find that it's been reprinted.

It's exactly what my friend needed. Not too heavy - in fact rather the opposite. The style is fun and engaging. It's great for dipping into. Suitable for kids aged 10 - 99. I bought one for me too - mine got "loaned" to a friend many years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to the Bible for younger and older people alike, 13 Feb 2013
The jokey images may mislead you into thinking this isn't serious stuff. You'd be wrong. This is an approachable way into the diverse riches of the Bible AND it is solid. I am an Anglican deacon and I specifically recommend this book as something to be given to teenage confirmation candidates and adult baptism candidates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible from scratch, 6 Nov 2011
Ms. Jeanette Hayes "netty" (England) - See all my reviews
I was recomend this book like so many other christians u do not always understand the history of the bible. This helps to explain it and why things were done it is so much easyer to understand thank u.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book., 21 Jun 2014
This was really helpful in our cell group,gave us tid bits that ar'nt in the bible,would be helpfull to new Christians.

The Bible from Scratch: A Lightning Tour From Genesis To Revelation