5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read
I am certainly a beginner in this area, but I have been reading entry level texts into political philosophy for a while now, combining them with some more model and policy orientated texts to help me understand some of the implications.

Published on 17 Mar 2009 by B. Lucas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for understanding core topics
This text is good when first going into topics on political philosophy, but not particularly advanced.
Published on 28 Oct 2009 by Charles Lister-james

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 17 Mar 2009
B. Lucas "Benjamin" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Political Philosophy: A Beginners' Guide for Students and Politicians (Paperback)

I found this book to be an incredibly insightful and useful read, bringing clarity to some very difficult subject matter, without prescribing a particular answer or solution. Furthermore, there is ample suggestion for further reading and opportunity to follow up on interesting ideas.

Of all the entry level books in this area I have read, I found this the most useful and rewarding. Obviously if you are looking for a detailed analysis of one of the topics Swift covers, I would go for something else (probably not a beginners' guide...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Introduction for Prospective Politics Students, 12 Dec 2012
I'm looking to study politics at university next year, and I found this book really useful for understanding different conceptions of key political concepts such as equality, liberty and social justice.

I would recommend reading Wolff's intro as your first introduction, then this to reinforce your understanding.

Very clearly written and an enjoyable read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for understanding core topics, 28 Oct 2009
Charles Lister-james (St Andrews, Scotland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars PP, 2 Oct 2007
S. Nolsoe "Solly" (Newcastle upon tyne UK) - See all my reviews
the book is ok for beginners. It is not very deep, but more shallow. It is good though for people who are interested to look into Political philosophy for the forst time.

Political Philosophy: A Beginners' Guide for Students and Politicians
16.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available