4.0 out of 5 stars Dungeons and Dragons it ain't
Published on 21 Nov 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars good
I'm not the target audience but I still enjoyed this book.
The story was good and the characters were interesting. It can be described as a thriller, and it is fast-paced. I liked the parallel stories of the role-playing game and real life, although I'd have liked the role-playing game to have become a bit more sinister to make it more exciting.
Still, I found...
Published on 30 Jun 2008 by soapdish

4.0 out of 5 stars Dungeons and Dragons it ain't, 21 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Map of Nowhere (Paperback)
The only book I can think of off-hand which features role-play gaming in any way, this is also an excellent mystery thriller, and an excellent tale of a family in conflict. Whether on the deserted marshland or in one slightly twisted girl's head, this book is atmospheric and absorbing, and, well, you'd expect no less from Gillian Cross, would you? What do you mean 'you haven't read many of her books?' I don't care what age you are, that's no excuse - go do it now! Go on, shoo shoo...

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 30 Jun 2008
This review is from: A Map of Nowhere (Paperback)
I'm not the target audience but I still enjoyed this book.
Still, I found the story satisfying and I liked the way it was ultimately about friendship and the choices we make.
I lent it to a 13 year old boy, but he found it a little boring and couldn't quite empathize with the characters. Still, I think it's worth trying.

4.0 out of 5 stars this book is extraordinarily prondly good, 25 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Map of Nowhere: Complete & Unabridged (Audio Cassette)
gillian cross has done it yet again with this gripping novel, its wonderful. the hiding of secrets and the weird and wonderful relationships its a book i wrote a review on comparing it to skellig which we all know is a magical book, this is a great book for kidz and adults! a must read

A Map of Nowhere: Complete & Unabridged
A Map of Nowhere: Complete & Unabridged by Gillian Cross (Audio Cassette - April 1994)
Used & New from: 26.34