5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting
Published on 2 Dec 2007 by Ms. C. A. Reilly

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice illustrations
The book is nicely told and illustrated but not useful if you want a exact retell for example it doesn't have the part where Noah sends out the first bird that comes back empty handed, it just has the dove going out from the Ark and coming back with the leaf. So as I purchased it for my Reception class in which I planned to discuss that part of the story - so I couldn't...
Published on 17 Dec 2010 by Pippa

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 2 Dec 2007
Ms. C. A. Reilly "Luke's Mum" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Paperback)
My one year old son loves this book to the point where I'm demented. NEVER have I had to read a book so often. I thought he was a bit too young for it but one of his first words was NOAH! He loves all the animals and the different members of Noah's family. The colours and shapes have made it easy for him to learn his animals. My copy is more than a bit chewed and dog eared I am sure a new copy with be required soon. I would totally recommend this book but only if you don't mind reading the same book over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright illustrations captivate under 5s, 5 May 2000
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Hardcover)
A wonderful way of bringing the story of Noah to life, loads of details to pick out and animals to name, bright, colourful illustrations, text is simple enough for younger children to understand (my 2 year old daughter) but not over-simplified so also appeals to my 4 year old son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful illustrations and easy to understand text, 12 Aug 1999
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Hardcover)
My two year old loves this book. The text is not over complicated and is easy for him to follow. The illustrations are fantastic, they are bright and cheery and hold his attention whilst also giving us lots to talk about.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book-beautiful to see, fun to read., 8 April 1997
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Hardcover)
Pages of beautiful art work adorn every page. The artist uses color in a very flashy dramatic style while capturing the feeling of the animals he is depicting. The story is from the Bible with wonderful comments from the artist on his views and feelings of the Ark. The writting is handled just as artisticly. The text of the story is included but the artist comments are full of wit and humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have book for any artist, 20 Oct 2003
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Hardcover)
This is a great book. Don't think it's a coffee-table book, because it's much more. For a scientific illustrator or nature sketching artist, that's a must-have.
Rien Poortvliet is a genius, and his famous Gnomes are nothing compared to Noah's Ark. He shows us what a true artist can do both with delicate sketches, rough pencils, oil painting, watercolour and ink; on canvas, paper, even his cupboard doors. This is a painting and sketch book from a master and somebody that really is in love with drawing and animal-watching.
Anyone that enjoys painting or drawing should avoid the books that show "so-and-so steps for painting birds or whatever" and buy this piece of art instead. You can take far more lessons looking at Rien P's charcoal drawings of gorillas than in typical art books for beginners.
Two things: the book is HUGE. And it hasn't got lots of text, it's all about drawing and telling a simple story through art.
It's a pity he's not more well-known. A very special book, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intrested in drawing animals / wildlife., 10 Nov 2007
Amazon Customer (East Riding of Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Hardcover)
If you are an artist intrested in drawing animals and wildlife, this is the book for you. The drawings and paintings are exceptional, it's a pleasure just to look at, even my husband who is not into art was impressed.
I would like to say its not for the beginner, you need to have some knowledge to get the best from this book, there are no step by step or how to do instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this book and DVD, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Paperback)
A lovely story - pictures are lovely and the DVD is great. My kids love this book and it is one of our favourite reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Paperback)
I shopped around for another version of this classic story before risking buying this. And I wasn't disappointed. Lovely illustrations, not too much text and tells the story accurately including the dove (which I know isn't in some others). Our 22 month old seems to enjoy this book. Accompanied a wooden Noah's ark gift perfectly. Yet to watch the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Paperback)
Nicely written, suits younger kids, nice short story, with lovely bright pictures that catch the kids attention. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Paperback)
I found this product to be in excellent condition, practically perfect. The children loved all of the colourful and vibrant pictures and they found it very easy to read so not only was the story easy to follow but good practise for the children, keeping them engaged and interested. 'Noah's Ark' has been used as an excellent resource and I would recommend it to anybody looking for this type of product. The DVD included was a fantastic addition with a high quality picture, enhancing the story. Overall, I would give this book a 5 star rating and have found it extremely difficult to find any faults!

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark by Lucy Cousins (Paperback - 1 April 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01