5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for parents as well as children.
This book has all the elements of success for a great read-aloud picture book.The text has a good rhymical quality with repititions that the children can join in with and opportunities for adding actions to the words.The story is very funny with wonderful illustrations.The real test however is does Mum still enjoy reading this book when its for the hundreth time?The...
Published on 6 July 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad condition
It arrived on time. However, I was told this was in good/news condition. From this I expected a few scuffs and marks but when it arrived I was very disappointed. The whole front cover had been drawn in with pen as a child has clearly drawn over it. The marks are also seen on several pages throughout the book.
When you but something advertised as in new/good...
Published 11 months ago by Serena Wright

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "Bopping them on the head", 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Paperback)
As the dad of three young sons, I'm fully conversant with Thomas the Tank Engine and most of his friends (they increase every year!), Bob the Builder and all his friends and machines (they increase every year!), plus most of the other big-name children's storybooks such as the excellent Gruffalo.

Well, in Little Rabbit Foo-Foo, I think the Gruffalo has met his match ;-)

The mischievous bunny may not have purple prickles all over his back, but he does possess a speedy motorbike, big mallet and a net. With these at his disposal, he revs around the forest causing mayhem to the inhabitants, with only the Good Fairy to keep an eye on his shenanigans.

I LOVE this book and so do my boys. The copy we have has an included DVD of the same story, animated using Arthur Robins' superb cartoons and read by Auf Wiedersehen's own Kevin Whately. There's a catchy tune with it that will stick in your head for the rest of the day. Well worth hunting out, but while you are looking, click and order this one!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Rabbit Foo Foo Book & DVD, 9 Dec. 2011
My 3 1/2 year old twins had been reading this at nursery and came home one day reciting it off by heart so thought I would get the book for using at home. They loved it and the dvd was an extra special surprise which they then took into nursery and shared with the other children. The story is very simple and the illustrations are fun. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that all children love., 30 Jun. 2003
By A Customer
I am a huge fan of this book. So much so that I have created actions to go with it and used it in a class assembly. Reception and year 1 are big fans of it. The children will often roll around the carpet in hysterics when they see the last page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rabbits, Motorbikes and Mallets!, 15 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Paperback)
"Little Rabbit Foo Foo, riding through the forest..." - and you know the rest off by heart, like most parents! It's a brilliant read from cover to cover and most folk are easily able to commit it to memory quite quickly. Excellent illustrations, and Rosen's charming use of words make this a delightful story for kids and parents alike. As a parent I find the illustrations hilarious - right from the grimacing menaceful look of Little Rabbit Foo Foo to the Tigers pointing to the rabbit in blame for the lumpy head!
Never have rabbits and mallets been so much fun!

A must-have in every child's bookcase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, sympathetic DVD... just a couple of small reservations, 23 Dec. 2011
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Paperback)
It's hard to believe after seeing the accompanying film that this book ever existed without the DVD version as the filming is so naturally done. The short film version (narrated by Kevin Whately) is sympathetically adapted in semi-animated form (the illustrations are given some semblance of life, but it's not a pure cartoon). For me, the best bit is the accompanying jingle: which is both natural-seeming and memorable, so great for reinforcement in the teaching of early literacy skills.

However, I do have a couple of caveats. The story is ultimately about the come-uppance of a bully, who receives several warnings that his behaviour is unacceptable, but in the interim includes dialogue that can cause grown-up eyebrows to raise. There is a repeated refrain of "I don't like your attitude" that generally doesn't go down well when quoted by children at their parents (even in innocent contexts); Kevin Whately's generally spot-on narration is undermined by an unsuccessful attempt at a Scots' accent; and I have been told by more than one female parent/carer that they find the terminology 'Foo Foo' a bit off-putting... as this was a euphemism used by their own mothers in reference to 'lady bits'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bunny with Attitude!, 8 Sept. 2011
Ms. S. Truesdell "Mum of 3" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Little Rabbit Foo Foo rides through the forest and bops poor unsuspecting creatures on the head. The Good Fairy threatens to change him into a goonie if his behaviour doesn't change as she doesn't like his attitude.

An hilarious story which children can easily memorise and perform, you wouldn't believe what super actors they are! I recorded my daughter on my mobile and it is guaranteed to cheer me up on the most depressing of days.

With my daughter aged 4, going on 40, I think it's about time we revisited the forest of Foo Foo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to read aloud, 3 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Paperback)
This is a great book which I have given to many children. My (grown-up) children still chant, 'Little Rabbit Foo Foo, I don't like your attitude'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Rabbit Foo Foo, 29 Mar. 2010
A friend of ours entertained a group of children with this story for over 1/2 an hour as he was made to do it again and again. They joined in and did the actions. Bopping on the head is very entertaining. Our friend had learnt it through watching Canadian children's television with his own children. My son wanted me to do it but I didn't know the words. Delighted to find it with a dvd so I could balance it with doing it with him and when I was fed up put on the dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T like your attitude!, 23 April 2011
J. Black (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Paperback)
My four-year-old son has been quoting this book for ages as they read it at his nursery. It had obviously caught his imagination so I decided to buy our own copy to read at home. The illustrations are just perfect for this slightly bonkers rhyme about a little rabbit who misbehaves and gets turned into a GOONIE (no, me neither), by the good fairy. I especially love the gnomes' faces as they too get bopped on the head. That Rabbit Foo Foo is a right terror!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought sheer delight to my nephew, 23 July 2014
M. Hellen - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Rabbit Foo Foo (Paperback)
My Nephew, who is 2 1/2 absolutely loved this book. Such a silly idea but exactly what appeals to a child of that age. Once he'd had it read to him (with funny voices and actions, of course) he wanted it read over and over and over and over, and kept quoting bits from the book "I don't like your ATTITUDE!" and "goonie!". My brother and sister-in-law said no other book had caught his imagination in the same way. A brilliant gem of a book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

Little Rabbit Foo Foo
Little Rabbit Foo Foo by Michael Rosen (Paperback - 7 April 2003)