5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal bedtime story, 28 Feb 2003
This review is from: Bringing Down the Moon (Hardcover)
This brilliant book is all about aspirations, how your friends can help you , even if you don't fulfil them. I particularly like the various different splits of story and pictures across the double pages. The pictures are ideally suited to the narrative, gentle, reflective, almost dreamy.
I have given copies to several children, aged three to six, and they all love it.
The paperback is the same (large) size, but the colours are not quite so intense as the hardback.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully illustrated and a lovely story, 4 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Bringing Down the Moon (Hardcover)
Bringing down the moon is one of the most beautifully illustrated books I have had the pleasure to read to my children. The story is also very heartwarming.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant story book, 21 Feb 2010
A. Nurse (essex) - See all my reviews
This is a fanatastic story book for kids of all ages I feel (even the BIG kind). Wether you read it yourself or listen and follow it's simply Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging Story, 16 July 2009
M. McClean (Donegal, Ireland) - See all my reviews
My son aged 2 1/2years just loves this story about Mole trying to bring down the Moon. He took to it right away, and gets involved in Mole's escapades as we read the story together. We got the book/DVD combi and this is good, because you either read it or watch it together. Kevin Whately (Sgt Lewis from 'Morse') narrates the story on the DVD and you can get ques from him to use yourself. It's a lovely story, very engaging, and we can thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 5 Jan 2010
a great book, loved equally by my daughter and myself! the CD is a great addition too and brings the book to life. my daughter loves anything to do with the moon and this book is just wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill., 29 Jan 2007
Any book about animals that say 'Hot Diggerty Drat' when they curse has got to get full marks!

5.0 out of 5 stars gentle beadtime story, 14 July 2010
Lovely word play and sounds, a touching ending, well ilustrated. My two boys, and numerous friends' children, loved this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Bringing Down the Moon (Hardcover)
Lovely story and illustrations, read it lots to my son!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little girl very happy, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Bringing Down the Moon (Paperback)
Our Granddaughter is very happy this was the last one in the series that she didnt have and now she has all her ''Moley'' books super stories for 18months up

5.0 out of 5 stars instant hit, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bringing Down the Moon (Paperback)
I have refreshed my 2 year olds book case recently to keep her away from the tv. in the latest delivery this arrived with 2 hairy mclary stories and tales from acorn wood. well, the others didn't get a look in. the drawings are beautiful and my daughter seemed to have an instant affinity with mole gazing at the beautiful moon in the indigo night sky.

from other reviews I initially thought it might be too old, but I was wrong....and I wouldn't say she is advanced. the language is quite plain. some other books rhyme unusual or old fashioned words and she seems to enjoy the more practical and realistic book. her enthusiasm for this was lovely to see, immediately she was shouting mole and moon, and cried when I moved it off the bed for her nap. a wonderful hit and I love it too to boot!

Bringing Down the Moon
Bringing Down the Moon by Jonathan Emmett (Paperback - 2 Sep 2002)
5.24