Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 June 2015
The book is alright as in story wise. It basically just lists what's in each parents home so the child can relate to having the same things but in 2 different houses. E.g Alex hangs his coat here (mummy's house) Alex hangs his coat there (daddy's house)
The illustrations aren't very eye catching to draw the child in.
Wish I'd made a photo book myself and write captions in telling 'our' story instead.
on 6 April 2013
My son has two homes and is still struggling with the fact that his Mum and Dad aren't together any more 18 months after we split up.
I needed a tool to help me tap into his feelings and reassure him about our situation. This book, along with a couple of other books has helped to reassure him and helped me to find out how he feels too.
on 17 June 2011
I bought this book for my daughter when my husband and I initially separated. The book is easy to read and does not go into too much detail, apart from mummy and daddy do not live together but that they love their child no matter what happens. Even now, nearly two years on my daughter finds it a comforting for us to read together.
on 20 June 2012
Originally borrowed this title from the library, went on to by as it is such a good book. When myself and my partner split up, we wanted to explain to our 2 1/2 year old girl. This book is a very simple, explanatory book, which our daughter understood. It clearly states about having two homes very well.
on 12 April 2016
Purchased this book for my 4 year old step-daughter, who stays with her mum in the week and at ours at the weekend. Such a lovely book! She really enjoyed this story and loved to relate and talk about "her two rooms". Highly recommend this for children with split parents!
on 15 June 2014
A wonderful book in words and pictures which I used to explain and revisit our separations to our 2-3year old but may also suit an older child too. It definitely helped. A great specialist book, recommended if you're tackling explaining this topic to a child.
on 23 September 2011
Excellent book I purchased with It's Not Your Fault Koko Bear when my grandson age 5 was going through a difficult time understanding why Mummy & Daddy are living apart. It made my grandson laugh and I and his parents read it to him several times.
on 1 April 2014
Funny looking kid in the book, however.......

Purchased as a gift for my nephew, after his parents separated. Really really pleased with this book, he is 5 1/2 and its perfect for him in understanding the changes during this tricky time.
on 11 October 2010
I broke up with my ex-partner when our daughter was only 4 months, a couple of months ago she became very upset about the fact we were not together and she is now 5 years old! I was at a total lose as to how to deal with the situation as it had always been this way and there was nothing else I could say to explain more than I had already done over the years. My daughter loves this book, not only has this book helped her come to an understanding of her own but she is at the age of reading so can read the book herself whenever she wants to. She still wishes we could be one happy family but she is excited at the fact she has two of everything which she didn't see before. Now I just need to find a book that helps me explain why we seperated and could not stay together!!
on 17 June 2011
Good book for children from split homes, compares the very different lives this child lives with different parents. It is a shame that children talk about 'Mummy's house' or 'Daddy's house'. They don't seem to have their own house.