5.0 out of 5 stars Special present for a new baby
My own children, now in their early 20s, have very fond memories of the original small individual versions of this book so I bought it for a new baby in the family. The format of this omnibus edition is now a bit big for little hands but it is great for reading together with your baby.
Published on 16 May 2009 by G. Cooke

3.0 out of 5 stars lovely but too many pictures per page
Published on 19 Nov. 2011 by Lizzy

5.0 out of 5 stars Special present for a new baby, 16 May 2009
G. Cooke "Glynlib" (Mansfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helen Oxenbury's Big Baby Book (Big Board Books) (Hardcover)
Helen Oxenbury's illustrations are heartwarming without being sentimental, simple but so effective - the expressions on the face of the baby and the animals make this a joy for adult readers as well as their babies. You don't need words when you have pictures like this to share with your baby.

3.0 out of 5 stars lovely but too many pictures per page, 19 Nov. 2011
I really liked getting this book for my 9 months old baby as I remembered Helen Oxbury's work from when I was a child. It certainly is lovely still but in this big book there are too many pictures on each page, at least for my little one. Maybe she will be able to enjoy it more when she is a bit older. I think the original concept of one larger drawing on a page was much preferable and I would not have chosen to buy separate small books had I realised beforehand how crowded the pages in this big book would be. That having been said, maybe it will be interesting for older ones...

5.0 out of 5 stars timeless classic, 13 Oct. 2010
I worked with nursery aged children 25 years ago , this was always a firm faviurite right up to school age. I bought it for friends babies over the years, I was so pleased to find it when my neighbours baby was born in 2010 , she loves it. She was holding it on her own from just a few months old. First class illustrations that will always mesmerise babies and young children.

Helen Oxenbury's Big Baby Book (Big Board Books)
Helen Oxenbury's Big Baby Book (Big Board Books) by Helen Oxenbury (Hardcover - 4 Mar. 2002)