on 15 October 2002
This author has a fantastic, personal, style of writing which grabs the attention and holds it tight, right till the end of the book. This book is ENTIRELY factual - but it is presented in a compelling manner, with illustrations which make you shiver and you can almost hear the icy wind whistling round the bedroom. The story of the emperor penguin's egg is fascinating - there was a lot here I didn't know - and is written with the main story and extra information which would be of particular interest to slightly older children. We borrowed this book from my 4 year old's school library and I am now going to buy everything else I can find by this duo! Definitely a 5* selection for any young child (2-7, or thereabouts!)
on 30 December 2003
The Emperor's Egg is a beautifully written factual account of the life of an Emperor Penguin. Information is given in such a way that you it feels to both reader and listener that you have a penguin expert with you in the room. My four year old son has taken this book to both nursery and school with him to the delight of his teachers and peers alike. I cannot recommend this book too highly!
on 1 January 2012
I recently used this text in a teaching sequence for my year one class. The children were mesmorised by the subject matter and thoroghly enjoyed the book. It is a beautifully written non fiction text which introduces the children to a part of the world and a species of animal which they are not familiar with. There is lots in this book for the children to learn and engage with. A very successful topic.
on 2 February 2013
This is one of the best books you can ever read to your young child when they wish to learn about penguins. It presents scientific facts in a very child friendly way. My Kindergarten/Reception children love it year after year!
on 17 February 2015
Loved this book.Educational,but fun.As a nursery teacher I read this book during our topic on penguins and the children really enjoyed the story and beautiful illustrations.Would highly recommend.
on 20 November 2015
Very dissapointed! Came with a child's full name written inside. As an early years professional I deem this very inappropriate. The book also arrived with the front cover folded in half!
on 19 July 2014
Used this to help teach a Reception/Year 1 class about Penguins - it was perfect for it and they amazed me with how they could then recite facts back to me
on 4 November 2015
So well illustrated. i bought it for my grandson (5) who loves penguins. Great words and attractive pictures and good facts. definitely a winner
on 11 October 2013
I bought this for my grandson who adores penguins. It was a great hit apparently, so I would recomend this for all penguin loving grandchildren'
on 3 November 2013
Fantastic book to reinforce the idea of insulation and how it is used in real life.

Quick delivery. Very efficient.