5.0 out of 5 stars tickle, tickle by helen oxenbury
Published on 5 Dec. 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a story, but a short, illustrated rhyme
This board book for babies is not so much a story but a short rhyme with pictures. Don't get me wrong, the rhyme is sweet enough, but the illustrations are in oddly dull and muted colours which don't make for an attractive book.
Published on 14 April 2012 by Emma W

5.0 out of 5 stars great for babies, 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
We have an old secondhand version of this book. My 8 month old granddaughter loves it. The book is hardy enough for her to handle and she likes to kiss the big bold faces of the babies. It's good to see a multicultural baby book too. My granddaughter loves the finale and has already begun to anticipate it. She will listen to it being read six or seven times in a row as the illustrations really seem to engage her. My 3 year old granddaughter still likes it too. Recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A most delightful little book., 7 April 2010
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
I enjoy these cardboard books so very much! They allow alot of handling and my grandchildren can learn English!
Gloria in Sweden

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
I highly recommend this book...We started reading this to my son at 4 months old and he loved it then and continues to love it. It has an easy rhyme so children can remember it, no matter what age. The pictures are wonderful, and the children drawn in the story are from all nations, Africa, Asia and Europe so an absolutely brilliant feature for children.
Buy this book for your children or someone else's children as it will be thoroughly enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bedtime, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
Gorgeous illustrations and catchy text, it's a hit at bedtime with my one year old. It's just the right length for his attention span, and he enjoys copying what the babies in the book are up to. It's grand and sturdy too to stand up to having its pages turned by his little hands.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a story, but a short, illustrated rhyme, 14 April 2012
Emma W (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars tickle, tickle by helen oxenbury, 5 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
helen oxenbury's tickle tickle has been a family favorite for years. my 12 year old daughter, 5 year old son, and current 1 year old son have worn out our current copy, so we need to order another. the illustrations are colorful, multicultural, and pleasing to the eye for children and adults alike. my husband and i have the entire book memorized from frequent readings. and all three of our children, at the age of 1, would "act" out the text of the book. we would definately recommend this to other families.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for Grandson, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
Bought this as one of four to read to my Grandson, having read them to his Daddy when he was young.

5.0 out of 5 stars tickle, tickle by helen oxenbury, 5 Dec. 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, but not enough book!, 21 Jun. 2010
Helen (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tickle, Tickle (Board book)
This book is beautifully illustrated, but with only four short sentances comprising the whole book, it is read in about 30 seconds. I suppose it's fine if you are prepared to pad it out with a lot of "what's that baby doing?" type conversations with your child, but don't expect a story here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
lovely

Tickle, Tickle (Big Board Books)
Tickle, Tickle (Big Board Books) by Helen Oxenbury (Hardcover - 21 Sept. 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01