Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 December 2000
My daughter, who is nearly two, loves this book, and keeps repeating "naughty kitten" whenever she sees it. this is definitely one of her favourites and is read every night (at least once)
on 27 March 2005
This is the story of Ginger the cat, who leads a peaceful life with a little girl until one day a naughty kitten is introduced who disurbs the peace. If only the little girl could find a way to help them be friends...
I never grow tired of reading this one to my pre-schooler. The pictures are sensitive, spontaneous and graceful. The text is simple but full of feeling, enhanced by a lovely typeface and layout.
There is a prequel to this book - Ginger Finds a Home - which is just as good.
on 8 July 2016
My daughter loves the story of Ginger the cat, we read it over and over again and it will be a simple enough story for her to read to herself when she begins reading.

The book is the perfect size for little hands and the illustrations are lovely, the story perfectly describes what it's like to have a cat and a new naughty kitten.

We love ginger, and the naughty kitten!
on 30 September 2015
If you like cats, you will love this delightful story book for younger children. This is an oft-requested read that was popular from 2 to about 7 years old. It is the story of Ginger who is usurped by a small black kitten. Well told and beautifully illustrated by someone who obviously knows and loves cats.
on 21 March 2016
A lovely book about Ginger the Cat by Charlotte Voake. I have bought this book as a present for many children over the years. Sadly it is increasingly difficult to get a new copy of this book.....why?
on 15 September 2011
I love this little tale of an older cat whose nose is put out of joint by the arrival of a young kitten into the family. The family realise that poor Ginger is feeling sorely left out and make amends... Will Ginger forgive them and the new kitten and live happily ever after? Read it for yourself and find out.
on 22 December 2013
We were given this book for our children when they were very young as we have a Ginger cat. My kids are now 12 and (nearly) 10 and still love it. Its a fabulous book and children from infants upwards will love it dearly. We lost our original ginger cat, Jack, after 20 years, and my children say that this book reminds them of him and the great times they had with him. Its that rarest of things , a truly wonderful children's book.
on 7 April 2010
Granny has had this book for many years, and it has entertained many grandchildren. It was there before my children were born. Now, whenever we go to visit Granny, Ginger is usually read at bedtime the first night, and gets read several times during our stay. My now nearly nine-year-old saw this book today when we were out and about and really wanted me to buy it. I didn't get it then and there, but I will be buying one from Amazon.
on 27 March 2016
Me and my children all love this book. The pictures are lovely and capture the expressions of ginger perfectly. It really makes my 4 year old laugh but it's also a really nice story.
on 18 January 2016
We bought it for our older son when his baby brother was born and he loves it. So cute!