5.0 out of 5 stars A great joy for the under 5s
'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' has been one of the favourite stories for children at the nursery where I work for years. It is a beautiful and well-constructed story, with nice use of repetitive language patterns that children can join in with or re-enact.

I was a little concerned by the idea of a DVD version: I didn't want to see one of the children's favourite...
Published on 29 Oct 2008 by Seren Ade

3.0 out of 5 stars bear hunt
this is one of my childhood favourite books but i did not realise when i ordered the book how small it was going to be...
Published 4 months ago by Pam

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to games with one of the best stories ever, 8 Jan 2008
L. LEWIS (UK) - See all my reviews
My son has loved this story since he was 2 but now at 3.5 has the game and DVD set which are lovely. Depending on child you can use the spinner that has 1,2,3 or colours. Its very simple, takes only 10 mins and no missing turns or other tantrum causing game tactics.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're Going on a Bear Hunt, 13 Sep 2006
This is a really great book and is my 3 year old's favourite. We have read it many many times and because of the repetition in the book my daughter reads it along with me. We always look out for the bear now when we walk through the woods now to take her brother and sister to school and do the actions when we walk through grass etc. I also have the story CD of it that she can listen to when she goes to bed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Child sized version of a favourite tale., 13 Dec 2001
By A Customer
My little one loves this hard-backed, pocket-sized version of his favourite tale. It also fits easily into a handbag or changing bag, which makes it useful as a standby distraction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, great illustrations, sturdy format, 15 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: We're Going on a Bear Hunt (Walker story board books) (Board book)
One of the best books we've bought for our 18 month old child. We love the story and he loves the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars My three year old loves this, 21 April 2008
Ms. N. J. Beckley (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
My three-year old son just got this for his birthday, he already loved the story but wants to play the board game every day (over and over if I let him!). As some body else said - you can choose to play with colours or numbers so it is suitable for young children and great for learning colours. Also my son gets very exited watching the DVD and likes to read the book along with it, which I think is helping him with early reading skills. My only criticism would be that more green uh-oh cards are needed, as two is not really enough - I tend to make sure they are near the top of the pile or it can be a little pointless. Would highly recommend this, especially for fans of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 6 Nov 2006
Well recommended book. Very good descriptive, rhythmic verses. Easy to read and engage children with. Fun family outdoor adventure! Children can sing-a-long too!

5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming, 20 Aug 2005
my 4 year old son told me the bear hunt story, which i thought was lovely (as he spent so much time doing the actions). When i took him to the libary, can you imagine his delight when he found it. I have decided to buy him his own little copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful book!, 13 July 2014
all-time classic - a great read for the young and old!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 12 July 2014
Classic book for new grandson. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
A classic!

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

We're Going on a Bear Hunt (Walker story board books)
We're Going on a Bear Hunt (Walker story board books) by Michael Rosen (Board book - 22 Sep 1997)
Used & New from: 0.01