5.0 out of 5 stars Wheres Wally in Hollywood
Fantastic book for children and adults alike. I think Chidlren are more able to solve the "where's Waly" than adults! Great Family entertainment. reasonable price. Fantastic gift!
Published on 19 Dec 2008 by Marcia J. Haigh

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but they should be clearer that this is a mini version of the book.
I bought this for my niece but didn't realise it was the mini pocket version. Hopefully her eyesight is better than mine.
Published 9 months ago by BostonTA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheres Wally in Hollywood, 19 Dec 2008
Marcia J. Haigh "Marcia Haigh" (Doncaster, Sth Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Enduring appeal, 20 Oct 2011
D. Price (UK) - See all my reviews
Our grandson was just as excited by this book as our own children were - we anticipate hours of fun...

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun in Hollywood, 23 Feb 2004
This review is from: Where's Wally in Hollywood: 10th Anniversary Special Edition (Where's Wally?) (Paperback)
As the Where’s Wally? franchise expands, there are now lots of other characters and items to look for besides the mysterious stripy-jumpered Wally. In each of the twelve Hollywood-movie-themed pictures, the reader can be on the lookout for Woof the dog, Wendy, Wizard Whitebeard, Odlaw (Wally’s arch-enemy), a key, a bone, a wizard’s scroll and a lost can of film. If that isn’t enough, the back two pages of the book contain a list of around twenty specific characters/situations to look out for on each page. Try to find ‘three Trojans drinking coffee’ in scene three, or ‘a soldier on the wrong set’ in scene five.
The magnitude of detail and colour on each page is nothing short of breathtaking. Artist of the Where’s Wally? series, Martin Handford, is clearly exceptionally talented and the book managed to entertain (and infuriate) me for long periods of time. It’s also a book to revisit, as in time you find yourself inevitably forgetting where the key objects in each scene lie, and so begin hunting for Wally and his friends all over again.
My favourite Hollywood set from the book would have to be ‘The Wild, Wild West,’ even though the vivid colours also make it one of the most difficult to spot Wally in. In typical old-west style, the page is scattered with saloons, cowboys, and an amusing – though unusual – buffalo ‘stampede,’ the stampede being a set of buffalo featured on postage stamps coursing through the scene. The most difficult scene of all has to be the final one – ‘The Where’s Wally? Musical,’ in which hundreds of Wallys, Wendys, Wizards and Odlaws dance in time with the music, and it is up to the reader to spot the real characters from the impostors! It’s a great book, and if you enjoy it as much as I did, other books in the Wally series include ‘Where’s Wally Now?’ and ‘Where’s Wally? The Fantastic Journey.’ Treat yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 3 April 2011
This was bought for my 6 year son. He really enjoys the Where's Wally books. This is great fun as there are loads of things to find in the book and it has kept my son quiet for ages. I am hooked too. Delivery was quick and it was the cheapest I could find too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 8 Jan 2011
The Where's Wally books are great fun for children and adults and it can keep you amused for hours! It's not only finding Wally in all the pages, but also all his friends (many of them) and different items too. There's also a handy tick list at the back of the book. The book is a nice A4 size so it's big enough to see what's on the pages. I would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars A box of delights, 20 Nov 2010
T. Russell "mug panda" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If all you do is choose to look for the hidden figures and objects, then much of the pleasure will pass you by. There is so much joy to be had by actually examining the scenes themselves and enjoying the incidents - many of which remind me of those in the old-style Dandy and Beano with little episodes of pranks, slapstick and mayhem, but also include some lovely puns (for those who find puns lovely). The joys of the wild west scene have been mentioned elsewhere, but this is a good example of why so many adults enjoy these books: it's because there are so many jokes that adults can enjoy, and those of us who like puns have a riotous time. Apart from the stampede, this scene includes the Loan Arranger, a gold rush (down the street), a gold yours (think about it), a saloon called the Tame East, a horse-drawn waggon (= waggon drawn by artistic horse), a splendid sign for the Pioneer Saloon, 'this town isn't big enough for both of us', cowboys painting the town red, a gallop off into the sunset, General Store, Billy the Kid, a livery unstable, a waggon train, real horse shoes, holding up the stage...and more. All great fun, and an extra frisson when you find them. The other film genre scenes also contain oodles of jokes like these. I've no doubt that children will find the characters and objects more quickly than adults, but I suspect that many of the jokes will pass them by. The Wally series is one of those promoted for children, but I expect that there are many of adults like me, without children, who buy them for their own enjoyment. Of course, I do still look for the hidden people and objects, but I am so often diverted by what's actually going on in the scene that it doesn't bother me whether I find them or not. There's more invention in one of the Wally scenes than you'll find in many novels. As far as I'm concerned, Martin Handford is the Terry Pratchett of the comic illustration, and I can't think of higher praise. Buy it - even if you feel you have to pretend it's for a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard in Hollywood!, 2 Mar 2008
`Where's Wally' is a really popular series of books and all of them take a keen eye, undoubted encouragement in your self, heaps of patience and lots of forever concentration. If you think you have all of them qualities then go a head and hard a good go because it is very, very, very difficult but fun and a bit addictive as well. But beware; this book can be very, very, very annoying when you fail and may have some nasty results - don't say I didn't warn you! This book is lots and lots of fun although as mentioned about it can be very, very, very difficult and very, very, very annoying when you fail so I would rate it 9/ 10 and would recommend it to anyone whose up for the challenge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Great book - my grandchildren enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars Found Wally, 21 Mar 2014
S. J. Garrity (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this at Christmas for my son to go with his other Where's Wally books.
He enjoyed it as much as his others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 16 Mar 2014
Good book. My husband isn't a "reader" but he does like things like this as it keeps him engrossed. Good for taking on holiday.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Where's Wally in Hollywood: 10th Anniversary Special Edition (Where's Wally?)
Used & New from: £0.01