Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 January 2008
from Martin Waddell.
'Once there were two bears, Big Bear and Little Bear.
Big Bear is the big bear and Little Bear is the little bear.'

And that is how Martin Waddell's `Bear' series of stories all start, which is comforting for the younger reader who will soon start to recognise the gentle repetition of key words.

In this story, Little Bear goes out to play because Big Bear is busy. He finds a little-bear-sized place he thinks will be ideal for his very own cave!
Big Bear helps Little Bear to move some things into the new little cave. Little Bear loves his new cave....playing in it, sweeping it, reading his book in it, making his bed in it, having his supper.....then it is bedtime, and Little Bear wants to stay in his own little cave.
Big Bear tucks Little Bear in and reminds him that he will be in Bear Cave if Little Bear needs him...........and when the moon shines through the dark trees, Little Bear is worried that Big Bear might be lonely without him!........

31 high quality shiny pages, in the popular 2-page spread format (except the last one!) with superb pastel illustrations, throughout, from Barbara Firth.
Enough words to each page, in a good sized print, to be stimulating, but not over-powering.
Plenty of speech opportunities for those who like to read along!

Example of text:-
`... "I could have my own bear cave in here!" thought Little Bear. "With a bed and a table and a chair."
"Little Bear!" called Big Bear, looking out of the Bear Cave.
"Little Bear, Little Bear!"
called Big Bear, coming out of the cave.
"LITTLE BEAR! LITTLE BEAR!"
called Big Bear, but he couldn't see Little Bear.
"I`m up here, Big Bear!" called Little Bear.
"I`ve made my own cave!"
.......'
on 15 February 2012
My daughter is 5 and loves this book. She was initially bought "Can't You Sleep Little Bear", and has since been bought a further two books in the series as rewards. A great length for a bed time read, all in all a great story for bedtime.
on 28 March 2014
As per my review of two other Bear books, these are great stories for little ones. Now favourites of our grandson. Love reading them as much as he enjoys listening to them.
on 17 February 2010
These books are a lovely line of books. My son is still too young for a longer stories, but I am looking very forward to reading them to him.
on 17 February 2010
on 18 December 2013
My grand daughter loves these Martin Waddell books which I have bought as tree presents and we have to read them over and over again.
on 23 March 2009
The Little Bear stories are wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated. My daughter and I both adore them.
on 21 April 2015
Very good. Thank you very much! Fully recommended seller!
on 9 February 2016
Thrilled with this item, it now completes the set
on 25 September 2015