5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book to read with your child
This is my two-year-old daughter's favourite book. It takes the form of a poem about a child walking through the jungle and shows the different animals he sees and the noises they make. To an adult the words will seem repetitive but that is what appeals to a young child.
If you want a good book to read to your child, this could be the one.
Published on 26 Mar. 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
My 3 year old son waited patiently for this to arrive so he couldn't wait to open it once received. Unfortunately, all the pages are printed in the wrong order and some of the pages even duplicated. For example the tigers body has an elephants head on the opposite page and the elephants body has a monkey where the head should be.

Obviously a printing error has...
Published 18 months ago by bluezulu

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book to read with your child, 26 Mar. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
If you want a good book to read to your child, this could be the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jan. 2013
P. Sarosh "P Sarosh" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
Really good children's book, often found in most nurseries. I updated my collection as I had a bunch of grandchildren arrive and this is definitely one of their favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the repetition!, 2 Jan. 2013
Children love to join in as soon as they can. They get really excited with the anticipation of the next animal. Recommend to any parent with even very young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old son loves this book!, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
I bought this for my son when his school teacher said how much he loved it I ordered it and it was here within two days so was pleased and couldn't wait to read it with him! He doesn't have any speech as of yet but has learnt all the sounds of the animals and does the actions as I am reading it as they have taught him in his school. He loves it so I do too! Only point I'd make is the front cover is not as shown but inside is exactly the same as original story so didn't bother me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 3 Jan. 2014

Obviously a printing error has occurred so I'd maybe wait for this to be fixed first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 14 Sept. 2012
The book i ordered was pictured as a landscape version, as i myself had previously owned and wanted to buy for a friend's daughter's birthday present but when it arrived it was not the same front cover and was a portrait version of the story.
Other than this it was spot on - well looked after and packaged too.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters insisted I got it, 14 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
Someone lent me this book but it seems to have captured my daughters' (3 and 1) imagination in a special way and they want it read to them every night. I've no idea why this one in particular - perhaps the repetition, perhaps the idea that all the animals are looking for their tea - but I'm buying it as a result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 16 April 2014
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
My 2 year old loves loves this book. She makes all the noises and also tries to copy the actions. I have used this book with different year groups at school as I am a primary school teacher. All children love it for its lovely illustrations and repetitive simple language. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my childhood favourites, 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
Brilliant book! My son loves it as I did as a child. Uses rhyme & repitition whilst taking children on a mini adventure through the jungle where they hear the different sounds of animals of the jungle looking for their tea! Lovely colourful pics too!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute winner!, 15 Sept. 2013
Mrs H (Solihull, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walking Through the Jungle (Paperback)
An absolute must for every pre-schooler. We have the big book version as well and the children just love this story over and over again and then they copy the adult actions and words and re-tell the story themselves.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Walking Through the Jungle
Walking Through the Jungle by Julie Lacome (Paperback - 9 Mar. 1995)