5.0 out of 5 stars A really brilliant book!
ESSENTIAL reading for all Infants - so much can be used from the story - sequencing; names of animals and fruits (we made a fresh fruit salad following our reading); African music;fantastic describing words. Something for every level at the Foundation Stage and KS1.
Published on 21 May 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived 2 days late
Book OK. Second hand. Not the best quality but a very good story none the less. Arrived 2 days later than expected
Published 15 months ago by Woo

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Youngsters love this book, 25 Feb 2007
E. A. Mullen (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
Very bright and colourful with an easy, fun story to follow (and lots of background details to discover on repeat viewings). Small people really, really like this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
I borrowed this from the library first and it entertained both me and my 2 year old. It allows for children to learn animals, fruits and join in with the story telling experience. A really good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handa's Surprise, 3 July 2009
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
This ia such a lovely book; well written and funny. The illustrations are fantastic.
I would reccommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Handa's surprise, 18 Nov 2004
This is absolutely my 2-year-old daughter's favourite book. We all know it off by heart, but somehow we never get tired of reading it to her, which I'm sure parents will agree is quite unusual! Tiny ones will love the fun story and colourful pictures, and older ones will find the insight into a different culture fascinating.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for all childcare practioners, 23 Nov 2007
as a childminder the big book version provided opportunities for all the children in my care aged between 12months and 9 years to enjoy the story through its fantastic illustrations and simple text the story introduces children to multicultural environments through the eyes of a child....a must for all who work with children not just in schools!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story, Beautifully Illustrated, 20 Mar 2009
Miss P. "Miss P." (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
This lovely book is colourful, warmly written and easy to read. It was bought for my 2-year old nephew who refuses to swap it for Dr. Seuss or, yikes, even Winnie-the-Pooh.

If you look carefully, you'll find little clever twists with the animal characters as well as the big twist that is 'Handa's Surprise'. My children loved this when they were tiny and now read it to the 2-year old. It's a lovely representation of the warmth and generosity of African life, too. Regardless of your ethnicity, read Handa's Surprise soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handa's Surprise - Lovely and colourful book, 29 Nov 2014
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
I got to know this book from my local library and my son (2 year old at the time) loved it so much that I decided to purchase it on amazon. This book is about a little girl called Handa who tries to deliver different kind of fruit to her friend in the near village.
My son is 4 years old now and this book still keeps him entertained.
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
A good book that I've been using through out my teacher training to teach various topics. Great illustrations. They engage the children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story with beautiful and vivid illustrations!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
I would definitely recommend this book. My 3 year old loves it and the visuals are bright and lovely. My only fault is that it does not have enough text/substance. I often have to add adjectives to the story to make the book more interesting...but the beautiful pictures make up for it I suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) (Paperback)
Kids in my setting think this book is fantastic its also a really good book to use props with so that the kids understand it more

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks)
Handa's Surprise (Walker Paperbacks) by Eileen Browne (Paperback - 24 July 2006)