on 1 November 1998
A really fun book. The same little phrases occur again and again and with all the animal noise as well, it really allows the youngest child to join in, providing they can do simple animal noises (oink! moo! etc). The illustrations are lovely and the picture at the end with all the animals in the pond provides a real talking point.
on 25 January 2005
As previously noted, this is fun: a simple story with repetition building to a climax (the ducks quack first once, then twice, and so on), lots of points for the adult reader to stop and let a child finish the line, and beautiful vigorous watercolour illustrations. My one note of caution would be that if the book becomes a favourite, and it stands a good chance of doing so, then bathtimes can become extremely splashy affairs as the child does his/her best impression of the swimming pig...
VINE VOICEon 28 April 2005
What a fabulous children's book! A pig on a hot day who keeps refusing to get in the pond because "pigs don't swim," but you know he will eventually! It is very well written, the repetitive animal noises make it easily interactive for my three year old and he loves the big splash near the end. The pictures and progression of the farmer stripping off to join him in the pond are priceless. A very enjoyable book to read to your kids!
on 12 September 2000
The story of a pig on a farm on a hot summers day. The story is entertaining, light hearted and easy for the young to follow. The rymning and rythum add to the enjoyment. Finished off with the most beautiful illustrations. Definately my favourite childrens book and my children love it too.
on 20 September 2009
This was the first book i ever learnt to read when i was 3 or so, I still have it to this day, be it a little tatty!

I highly recommend this book to parents who want to encourage their children to read as the images in the book are really encouraging.

Max M
on 9 March 2009
Fantastic little story, with a CD full of animal noises, musical and sound effects to keep the little ones listening. It was the first book (or a CD to be precise) that got our son (now almost 2) interested in books and stories. He was just under 1 year when he got the book and the disc and he was immediately taken by it. The book is wonderfully illustrated, and very gradually unfolds the movements of each character. We read the book to our son at home and kept the CD for listening in the car, which initially was "an emergency disc" when a car journey was beginning to get too much for him, the story disc was a good diversion and he would go very quiet and stay interested throughout. He was also able to relate back to the book at home and then swap the places and tell us this story or just go through his favourite moments. The book had a good run in our household and remained on his "top 10" list for months.
on 6 December 2009
this is a lovely story to share with young children. the CD is ok but i prefer to tell the story verbally so you can pause to add to the anticipation of what will happen next! good sound effects on the cd though
on 22 October 2013
I have used this book for many years as a childminder and all the children loved all the interaction that can be done. After a vist to a farm with my son's triplets , I brought it for them. All the family love it. The only thing I can say is don't read this as a bedtime story because you will end up with some very excited children.
on 21 March 2011
Hi

Pig in the Pond was my daughter's fav book as a toddler, so she was thrilled to have this new copy for her 14th birthday, brought back some brilliant memories. Excellent quality, speedy delivery and a fun read.

Thank you so much for a great service!

T
on 21 November 2013
I bought this as a gift for my nephews children on the recommendation of my 2 children aged 20 and 16. It was a firm favourite with them as they were growing up. The fact that they can still recite it ( as can my husband) says it all !!