‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book in the whole world!, 8 Aug 2002
By A Customer
This book is quite perfect. The illustrations are very cute and the text is beautiful. If you have Guinea Pigs you will treasure it. If you don't have Guinea Pigs you will want to get some! And my Guinea Pigs say it is their favourite bedtime reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars People who understand the true and beautiful nature of pigs, 20 Dec 2002
We love guinea pigs and thought this book, aside from providing useful information about the care and upkeep of guinea pigs, was able to capture many of the precious aspects of these wonderful creatures. They clearly have owned and loved pigs themselves....

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guinea pig book ever!, 8 Dec 2001
By A Customer
As a 7 year old owner of 2 guinea pigs, I found it thrilling. I thought of all the different things that I could do with my own guineau pigs. Dick King-Smith gave me some great ideas of what guinea pigs like to eat. I found out how much attention I should give them. I really was proud to know that I had guinea pigs as well as Dick King-Smith. I think that even a Queen would be peruaded to buy a guinea pig after reading it. From reading the book I thought that Dick King-Smith was a true animal lover. I highly recommend this book, it is one of my favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for children who care for guineapigs, 21 Aug 2008
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I first saw this book in my sons library at school and being owned by 8 (soon to be 11) guineapigs, I was drawn to it. My son and I read it together and not only was it a lovely story with captivating illustrations, it gave hints on caring for a guineapig without becoming a "manual". This is definately a book for children who love GP's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for young and old, really impressed, 30 Mar 2011
What a great book, and with the most endearing pictures, this easy to read book about guinea pigs is a treat. My wife adores Dick King-Smith, and this doesn't disappoint. It's educational, but written in a style, you can almost hear the author's voice inside your head when you read it. It's touching and fun, and an absolute must for guinea pig lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, we love Guinea-Pigs!, 12 Sep 2010
This review is from: I Love Guinea-pigs (Paperback)
A really lovely book about guinea pigs. Dick King-Smith really knows all there is know about them and it definitely shines through. The illustrations are so realistic. A book to be recommended to adults and children of all ages, especially if you love guinea pigs - squeak, squeak!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 31 Dec 2009
I bought this book for my friend's 8 year old daughter as I knew she was receiving two guinea pigs for her birthday. I had a peek myself before wrapping it and thought it had a captivating charm. It's a clever little book as it tells a story but also teaches the young reader all about guinea pigs and how to care for them. It is obvious that the author loves guinea pigs. The pictures are lovely too. I would recommend this for any young guinea pig owners (and their parents).

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Love Guinea-pigs (Read & Wonder) (Hardcover)
This is a great book to get for a young person new to Guinea pigs.

Written from the POV of an owner who loves the animal, who just happens to be a famous animal lover, I find it easier to take the advice of a person who genuinely loves these animals and the kids will see that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 5 Jan 2010
Nice book - but not a lot of content really - more of an overview and cute cartoony pictures. Some interesting things in it - but choose another book if you're looking for a guinea pig 'owners manual'

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Guinea-pigs, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: I Love Guinea-pigs (Paperback)
Love the book, both text and illustrations.

Bought for a 3 year old, so checking with Mum and Dad before giving it to him as not sure if little one has been told about things passing away. There is a bit in the book which mentions two favourite guineas who are buried under a tree in the owners garden.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I Love Guinea-pigs (Read & Wonder)
I Love Guinea-pigs (Read & Wonder) by Dick King-Smith (Hardcover - 8 Sep 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01