Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2001
This book is a must for every bookshelf! It is aimed at children under about 8, but my 12-year old enjoyed it almost as much as I did. As a keeper of a Canadian Beaver at a wildlife park, I was immediately drawn to Little Beaver and the Echo. The illustrations are exquisite, and clearly drawn by an artist who not only loves animals, but has a good knowledge of what they actually look like! The story is endearing, and manages to keep the reader interested despite, or perhaps because of the repetitive theme. Little Beaver is lonely, and goes in search of the Echo across the lake, who seems to be as lonely as himself! Of course he finds true friends along his journey, which any child will be thrilled with. I am sure that nobody could fail to love this book. Children for the story, and adults for the pictures! I was so impressed with it that I am now urging the gift shop at my wildlife park to stock it without further delay!
on 11 June 2003
I am a primary school teacher and use this book for students who are new to school. It is a great way to introduce them to the idea of making friends (to make a friend, be a friend). The children love this sweet story and the adoraable, but realistic, illustrations, and I've been surprised to find that children as old as 11 or 12 also really respond to it.
on 21 July 2013
As an early years teacher my class are loving these story and DVD books. We share the book in the morning and then at the end of the day we watch the DVD and the kids are full of enthusiasm and talk lots about what they see and hear. Good to get them recalling the story they have heard before watching the DVD. Also loved by my 4 year old son! :-)
on 10 December 2013
This book is brilliant. It's adorable in its simplicity and beautiful illustrations and the story is great for teaching young children about friendships. My Beavers (aged 6-8) love it, as do I. I highly recommend it!
on 5 April 2006
I loved this book as a child (actually one of the first books I read) and recently re- read it as a 25yr old. It is essentially a childrens book. It is a lovely story of how Little Beaver finds friends when he believes he is the only lonely animal in the world. On his travels he learns friendship and it is truly a beautiful story. I would recommend you get this for your child (reading age to 10ish). It will make your whole family smile.
on 27 January 2011
I bought this for my grandson who is 6, and we both really enjoyed it as a good bedtime story, he laughed when I was mimiking the echos and he had a go at them too. Then the next day we watched the DVD which is just one of those very well illustrated and told stories. EXCELLENT
on 1 January 2012
Enduring beautiful tale - a former favourite with my now grown up children - now being purchased for the next generation and still as wonderful to read
on 4 February 2009
Such a nice little story, great for children as young as 2-5 year olds...not sure if kids up to 12yrs would appreciate it as much. You will be choked up be the end. I work with kids and they (and I)love this story. I bought this as a present, and the little girls mother commented on how nice it was.
on 11 November 2012
The story is a lovely one, my grandchildren love it when it is read, love it when they listen to the CD and then learn to read as they listen. It is a rare thing, a perfect present.
on 29 September 2010
A really lovely story, beautiful illustrations. One of the best stories i've read to my son so far (and that's a lot of stories!)