4.0 out of 5 stars Decent guide for those who want to get the maximum out of the game
‘Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Remaster OSG’ prepared by BradyGames delivers the combination of two previously published Brady Games guides with some updates that makes it a decent guide for those who want to get the maximum out of the game.

Speaking about so called “bad things” first, both those previously published books were of much larger...
Published 13 months ago by Denis Vukosav

1.0 out of 5 stars Least informative guide ever
I have bought the collectors editions of every Final Fantasy since the original release of FFX. With that I buy the Official Guide aswell. I use the guides for chest/item locations only until I have finished the story and then use them religiously to get my game to 100% completion.

With that being said, I am sat here currently using the Original release guide...
Published 13 months ago by Peter Tovey

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Remaster Official Strategy Guide (Offical Strategy Guide) (Paperback)
The original guide was far better than this one ! if you can keep your original or buy it but don't take this one. It's poorly written, lots of missing are missing or incomplete.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shameful, 21 Mar. 2014
This guide is utterly shameful. It does not even deserve one star. I haven't played much of the game today, therefore I haven't looked at the whole guide, but I don't need to.

The print quality is cheap, and they have mustered what looks like a teenage GCSE effort. They had a wealth of beautiful art work they could have chosen from, but no, instead they've copied and pasted some blurry unrepresentative pictures (for the aeons in particular). If effort was a strenuous issue they didn't have to look far, they could have just googled some better pictures!

I was looking forward to starting work on getting trophies for FFX, but had a shock when on the contents page there are only trophies for FFX-2. I spent about ten minutes being confused and looked online, because I was certain I had read FFX has trophies. Once I confirmed online that there were, I flicked through the book twice and finally found a lackluster trophy list put together, which had not been listed on the contents page. When you're buying something 'official' it's not a nice feeling to spot blatant lazy errors like that in the first five minutes.

Everything from the maps to the bestiary are represented in what looks like some ancient paint program. I think I would have considered the look really cool when I was about 12 years old and had no computer skills. Speaking of maps, they don't even put the items on them. If I drew the map myself and used some highlighter pens it would look far more exciting than these maps do.

When I play, I'm dazzled by the PS3 2014 HD remaster and then I look down to read this lazy, cheap looking guide that looks like it was made 18 years ago and it just doesn't feel right. This HD remaster has been huge with fans and it deserves a much better guide than this. I'm actually surprised Square Enix allowed this. The old guide was made in 2002 and it looks far nicer. If I'm really honest, if I was being paid to make this guide, and I knew that a vast amount of people were highly anticipating it and it was celebrating an anniversary of a staple game, I'd be quite ashamed. This is a company that makes strategy guides and have far better resources at their disposal.

Don't even get me started on the punctuation errors.

Like others have suggested, I honestly think that if you want quality you should stick with, or try to attain, the piggyback versions because if you use it a lot it does have an impact on your gaming experience. There's little content that is new, which with the internet nowadays can be found online in two minutes. I do understand that collectors will want it regardless (I know because I'm one of them) but it will be a stain on what has so far been a polished effort on Final Fantasy strategy guides.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the original guide, Not this one., 22 May 2014
My rating of 1 star is in comparison to the original guide I had for FF X. This onw has far less information and depth, a severely reduced bestiary and items list, lack of detail in sub quests and guides for them and is of lower quality material from the feel of it as well. It is worse than the original guide in every way and this is obvious by the fact that it's a smaller book even though it's for twice as many games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Remaster Official Strategy Guide, 10 May 2014
Larger book, new images, clean look. Its got a brilliant attractive cover and it has both Final Fantasy X and X-2 (10, 10-2) but does it do its job to help you through the game? Yes.Though some game details are lacking, such as ways to beat certain quests, hints and tips are lacking. No monster detail on the page to help you prepare, you'd have to flick through to the monster section.

But this is where you would want the old PIGGYBACK (PB) guide book, both version of the book is different, both can help fill in each other holes and missing bits, they compliment each other. I.E, the Sphere Grid, PB's may be small to look at, but also displays the stats of the nodes where as Bradygames has a larger image, but no details of the nodes.

Overall, this book is helpful and no doubt it can help the player achieve 100% playthrough the game. (Maybe).

But the player shouldn't just leave it to the books, if you have the internet, go online, look at what other players have achieved and tips, faqs which you can benefit from. The books don't give you everything so use the web too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with purchase & Highly recommend to FF fans XD, 8 Nov. 2014
The product came a lot earlier than expected. I ordered this on the 6th and it arrived today (2 days).
I was very hesitant as to whether to purchase this guide due to so many bad reviews. Which I am very shocked at, as I don't see why . I've not experienced any of the problems others have had (perhaps they've had bad experience with their purchase).

This is a great guide for many reasons. Firstly, that there is 2 guides in 1, the quality is great, it has told me all I need to know so far. The pictures are nice too especially the front cover and is very detailed and clear.
So far from skimming through it, it has all you could possibly want and need to know to complete the game (100%) including how to find hidden aeons, the names of the creatures and what they're immune to and how to defeat bosses too.

I am very happy with the purchase and would highly recommend this product to those who are a fan of Final Fantasy X and X2 and want to 100% there game. Plus it's great guide to add to the collection XD

1.0 out of 5 stars don't even bother buying this guide look for a walkthrought in the net !!, 10 Feb. 2015
The guide was good for FFX. But for FFX-2 is it a disaster, the walkthrought doesn't work !! The worst was on p254 "obtaining the ribbon"/"steps to align the lower platform" the first step didn't work, I got stuck and lost 8h of game !!! I am so angry ! Honestly don't even bother buying this guide look for a walkthrought in the net !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if your used to piggyback guide quality, 7 April 2014
Bought this to go with the hd remastered game. Very disappointed as it's like a big magazine, paper feels cheap, no original artwork everything is just screenshots. There's a lot of mistake as well., found the walkthroughs of the cloisters of trials very confusing. In the end I hunted out my piggyback and then all was right with the world!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ten Year Old Version, 18 Mar. 2014
I bought this product hoping it would be as good as the one they made for the original FFX.
I can assure you, it is nothing of the sort.
This one is literally made of the most flimsy of paper and seems like at every turn the page is going to tear.
The only reason I bought it is because im a collector.
Save your money, but if youre in dire need of a walkthrough guide, buy the FFX PS2 version guide.
That guide is easily a 10/10. This guide is there was a 0/10 id give it that.
Newer doesnt always mean better.

4.0 out of 5 stars People are being very harsh..., 16 April 2014
If you are someone that likes to collect guides for the sake of collecting them, then this guide really isn't for you. However, if you want to use the walkthrough as just a walkthrough, then this will easily get the job done. Yes the paper quality is awful and tears, but you still get all of the relevant information you need from it.

I have personally encountered very few problems with this walkthrough, and anything I didn't understand (such as certain passive abilities) I just quickly Googled (though there's probably a section on them somewhere- granted the contents page isn't the best). What I'm saying is: if you want to use this thing as a guide to get to 100% completion relatively easily, then get it.

Also, the section on Blitzball is brilliant- I actually understand how the game works now!!

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste of Everybody's Afternoon, 21 April 2014
I wish I looked at the reviews before I got this, If you can find the original guide for the PS2 version then buy that. Failing that just use Google. It gives you way more information and it save you £15 to spend on more useful things like an electric bath pillow.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Remaster Official Strategy Guide (Offical Strategy Guide)