‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise and great guide., 27 Mar 2013
J. C. Neale (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Bradygames Strategy Guides) (Hardcover)
For starters, This guide is presented superbly, giving justice to the beautiful game it represents.
That's always important for me in buying guides, because as the information can be found online, for me it's a much better experience to sit there with a nicely fashioned guide and browse the pages.

The key that comes with this edition of the guide is a nice surprise: I thought it would be a plastic token, but it's actually a decent quality metal key. Although not the size of the one in the game (it's bit bigger than your average house key, though) it still makes for a nice little additional piece for any collector. The guide and key are a nice rounded addition to the Songbird Edition.
There is also an exclusive playing card (Enraged Songbird) for the upcoming Bioshock Infinite card game.

As for the content of the guide, all the information is presented in an easily digestible way, directions are clear and there's a wealth of information about enemy types, weapons, Vigours and loot, with helpful and great images to go with them.

The guide does a great job of not holding your hand too much whilst giving good tips and pointers where you might just miss something. In that way, this guide is quite short-handed, but that makes for a much more efficient and enjoyable guide.

For me personally, I'll be using this guide to go back through the areas I've just completed in case I've missed anything, I won't have it on my lap as I go through the whole game. However, the way in which it is written will be perfect for any approach. Whether you will use it as you go, retrospectively or during a second playthrough, this will suit your needs.

And, again, having this means you've got something physical that's presented wonderfully in the Bioshock Infinite style - And that's a joy in itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not cheating, honest, 16 April 2013
I must admit, Im not normally one for Game Guides. I usually go online for cheats when I'm stuck, and usually just rely on my own skills. But BioShock Infinite, for me, was unique - a game I'd been awaiting for AGES. I wanted everything; the Songbird Edition, the Season Pass, and this: the Limited Edition Strategy Guide.
On a primary note, I will say the key that comes with it is superb; excellent detailing, very strong and durile and overall looks great. Currently have my Songbird statue holding it.
The book itself is sublime, much to the point where I now want strategy guides for all my games. The writing is straight-forward and simple; they understand that sometimes you just can't see a hidden item that's right in front of you. It gives great tips on powers, weapons, upgrades, enemies - which is vital if you, like me, have given 1999mode a shot. It gives you all the advice you could possibly want, without any spoilers. Not one.
It also comes with some fantastic maps which are great for gamers who, rather like me, just want to get down to the job in hand. The writing is great, yes, but I really don't want to have to keep pausing the game to look down and read. But that's more a personal slight than the book's fault.
If you're stuck on Infinite, want some gaming trophies or even just another little in-game prop, I'd thoroughly recommend this guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game 5/5 Strategy Guide 5/5, 8 April 2013
I completed the game, which I have to say is one of the best video gaming experiences I've ever had, then had to play through it again, this time with the strategy guide so I didn't miss anything. And with this book I didn't. Everything is in here; maps, weapon and enemy guides, a full walkthrough and all beautifully presented. Being the limited edition hardback version it also looks and feels the part. The only other recent(ish) strategy guide that comes close in information and quality is Dark Souls: The Official Guide. If you are a fan of BioShock Infinite I recommend you buy the guide then play through the game first unaided then again with the book. A must buy in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars a Must Have Product :), 7 April 2013
i just received it, and its amazing how much details includes it guide you level by level, corner by corner.. its just perfect for every trophy collector to get one....
Buti advice you to read it after you once the game once so you not get any spoiler before playing :)

for the Fans of BioShock Infinite they must have the amazing limited edition with real metal key chain from the game itself..its just wow :) im so happy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 9 April 2013
I really beautifully designed book, with fantastic content. you get a bonus card with it, and the key which is a good 3/4". Really easy to follow guides telling you the secrets of Bioshock and details behind everyone of its guns, characters, places etc. I really great addition to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 1 April 2013
Everything you need is in there and i mean this literally. all information about everything. well everything i've needed to find anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 17 Dec 2013
Fantastic product!

Brilliant quality of the book and artwork, very helpful tool for helping to find those extra little secrets and for unlocking those extra achievements.

The key has wonderful attention to detail and is almost exact to the game, albeit understandable, a little smaller to actual size from the in game version also very well made being of metal rather than plastic, which I think had it been plastic, would have cheapen effect.

A must have for any collector

5.0 out of 5 stars A good guide, 17 Nov 2013
I bought this for my dad. He found the guide very helpful but felt the game has changed to much form the beginning story so did not enjoy the game so much

4.0 out of 5 stars It's only a strategy guide, but a very nice one, 28 Oct 2013
In an age where strategy guides are becoming increasingly irrelevant (thanks Wikia) it's difficult to find ways to make people want to purchase them. The solution is displayed here - turn them into collector's items.

This hardback book has a very nice gold wash print of Songbird on the front, and comes with a replica of the game's famous key, which, yes, is metal and not plastic. It's a little large for proper use as a keyring, but I don't care, it's a nice piece of decoration.

Inside the pages are glossy and full colour, and every little mechanic is explained in detail. It's not very long, but then BI isn't a very long game. A few of the pages provide extra background information on some of the minor characters, which is interesting. There are also a few snippets of concept art, but if you want that you're best off buying the art book (which I also did, and don't regret it at all).

A great companion to a great game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and useful, 1 Oct 2013
The book is extremly detalied and well made, but it was a little bit worn out.
But still its worth it.
If you are a fun is a must have

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide (Bradygames Strategy Guides)
18.34
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available