on 7 November 2012
Will keep this short and sweet - if you've played the game and are considering getting a guide, the chances are it's to assist you in getting all the achievements/trophies (personally I wanted a check-list for the Research side of things in order to see what I'd missed on the first play through). Well sadly there isn't any mention of achievements/trophies...

Much of the game is randomly generated missions, so the guide can only offer general advice - so if you couldn't suss out what a smoke grenade is for it MIGHT prove useful. Because of this, it's a pretty thin volume at 191 pages, of which 29 are 'concept art' with many other pages padded out with oversized pictures. The multi-player section lacks any maps at all, relying instead on a couple of screen shots of each level, although we are treated to a couple of pages of suggested squad line-ups (concentrating on 'fun' themes rather than tactical merit).

Quite possibly the worst strategy guide I have ever owned!

o.O
on 10 February 2013
When buying this guide i was expecting, mostly, a detailed reference for all technologies, weapons, aliens (especially a technology tree) and some tactical/management tips to refine my strategy for tackling the classic/impossible difficulty levels.
Found none of those.

The guide provides basically the same information that is provided by the interface during gameplay.
The layout is quite bad, featuring very large pictures and small (and badly contrasted) text.

Bad becomes worse in the closing section of the guide, that depicts totally useless preliminary sketches of the game items.

In the end, no information that you can't get by yourself while playing is provided.
on 22 February 2013
To put it bluntly, this is as useful as snow shoes in the Sahara. Printed upon the cheapest of cheap paper stock (think worse than a Sunday supplement) it has spelling mistakes, poor layout, and the infomation is not even useful. This was the first Bradygames guide that I have ever bought, I can't even think of one reason why I would buy another, poor quality and spelling mistakes are unforgivable, add to that it doesn't guide, or even have hints or tips, it is farcical.
How to improve.
1. Buy a decent layout editor, MSPaint doesn't cut it.
2. Actually play the game.
3. Use better quality materials, not school toilet paper.
4.[...] This is a dictionary. Use it.
5. Here is a radical concept, proof read your "work", is all the text legible? (if not see 1) is it accurate and useable? (if not see 2) is it spelt correctly? (if not see 4)
on 5 January 2014
Pretty good strategy guide, gives you the run down on everything that you need ie; troops, enemies and load outs
on 11 December 2012
This is a very good guide, excellent help for the game since now all games come with literally no
Printed manuals....but it's not perfect!! If you want a complete reference or an excel-like sheet for everything
Be carefull! But honestly is a very good guide!
on 9 January 2013
Useful for getting through the game, a good read. Clear, concise and easy to understand. A useful extension for the XCOM game. It can also be used for all platforms of gaming.
on 29 July 2013
Very happy with the speed of the item I bought &the packaging. This is exactly what I was after & I'm happy with my buy.
on 13 April 2013
Very good guide book from Bradygames, gives a complete guide to all of the various aliens you will have to fight
on 5 January 2013
I loved the original of this game and so was very keen to play the new one when it came out (I'm touching 40 these days so I don't buy many games any more). The game is, frankly, very good. It may not be an exact replica of the old version but I still think it's very playable and captures the spirit of the original.....and it's almost bug free, it never crashed once.

I do have a few minor gripes, not least that the amount of equipment you can give to your team is very limited. However, I would recommend this game.
on 4 June 2013
one of my best games of last year,still playing it at this moment aswell,this guide pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the game :)