5.0 out of 5 stars Essential
If you are looking for a simple and fast way to pick up basic Romanian before visiting, in order to speak and be understood coherently then this is for you. This course doesn't bother with the spelling or grammar, it focuses on how the language is spoken day to day and presented in a form that is simple and memorable.

Leave the translation books at home - this...
Published on 10 Aug 2011 by Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars Creepy!
Published 3 months ago by E

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Basic Romanian: Learn to Speak and Understand Romanian with Pimsleur Language Programs [With CD Case] (Simon & Schuster's Pimsleur) (Audio CD)

Leave the translation books at home - this is better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Jun 2012
If you wanna get fluent in - lets say... around 100-150 words, covering several everyday situations. Then this langugage-course will most certain help you achieve that goal. And if your aim is to get to level A1, then this course will make it so much easier for you. If you dont have any natives to talk with then this program is the best way to achieve a good active oral vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic rumanian audio lessons, 13 Sep 2012
I like it. I've owned other Pimsleur language courses, and they all follow same method, that for me is particularly useful to listen to while I drive my car. It starts form newbies level and adds a few words little by little to make longer phrases. This Romanian Pimsleur course is a bit faster than other languages. It helps with the pronunciation at syllable level. It's quite usefull because some words spoken quickly by native speakers might be not well recognized and spelled differently.
On the "i don't like" side... the lack of scripts or text books will force you to buy another book or course, to learn the Russian script (cyrilic), and practice it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginning, 24 Feb 2013
A very clear and concise - dare I say reasonablely easy having reached lesson 7? -and enjoyable way to grasp some basics. Easy to fit into a day, having lessons of 30 minutes that are purely listening and speaking. I haven't looked at any written material that I have bought with other purchases as yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Creepy!, 16 Mar 2014
At first this annoyed me with it's really phony "American" Sir and Ma'am style, but I have to say that going over it a second time it really works! It doesn't teach you very much and the vast majority is, well, basically, how to chat up Romanians (hence my title above). Do I really need to be taught "Would you like some beer or wine at my place" and "I want to do something with you later at the hotel"?!! There are various website that teach you Romanian for FREE that are, I'd have to say, better that these CDs, but I still learned stuff... I'm just not sure it would be appropriate for me to use it as I'm not going to Romania for 'that' reason...

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 5 Nov 2013
A great tool for beginners or those going to Romana for the first time. Very simple and effective. Easy to understand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pimsleur, 30 Aug 2013
It's ok if you are an "American"............WHY MUST WE BE REMINDED OF THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!.............If you are an ""American Man or American Woman"" wanting to go for a meal/drink...............................waste of money !!!!!!!!. there is much better ""FREE"" downloads on the internet.........................DO NOT BUY!!!.... For the price I paid for it, I would not recommend this at all, it's over priced it has limited functionality and as for the content I've not found it impressive at all and it's certainly not made me want to continue to study. I would seriously consider other options before spending so much money on this product. personally I feel I've wasted my money that could of been spent on anything or something better. It only got a 1 star review because I couldn't give it anything less!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for dad, 31 Mar 2013
I got this as a present for my dad as he is going to Romania on holiday this year. He enjoyed listening to the CDs and picked up some of the language before his trip.