1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Hillary in a new role?, 23 Aug 2011
RR Waller "ISeneca" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Perhaps reeling from the difficulthave of over-seeing and dealing with proposed changes in the American Healthcare system or other difficulties, Mrs Clinton wrote this; quoting Eleanor Roosevelt: "There is not one civilisation from the oldest to the newest from which we cannot learn" she begins to look at ways we can learn and what there is to learn. Wondering about baby-carriages left (safely) unattended in Danish streets, "the brain's real food" ... the outside world and its effects on infant brains and American insurance companies claims that limiting a baby's time in hospitals reduces the likelihood of exposure to harmful germs and many more are features of the book.

Bought originally for my daughter to read during her pregnancy in a village (How silly can prospective grand-parents become ... I ask you!), I bought one for myself. (Yes, I should have borrowed hers, I know!) I enjoyed reading it but, as one should have expected, politics are never far below the surface, if not actually poking through the surface. Even with that growing awareness, I enjoyed it, reading a master politician (with a multitude of friends, advisers and researchers) putting forward her viewpoints.

In this short book, she manages to cover enormous areas, albeit in giant leaps, but she does /they do it well.

It Takes a Village
It Takes a Village by Hillary Rodham Clinton (Audio CD - 19 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 0.69