5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD Audio course
This is an excellent course that teaches you to learn Italian or any other language very easily. Great audio course.
Published 16 months ago by J. MacKie

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not American!
Published on 6 Sep 2010 by Mrs. A. Druce

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not American!, 6 Sep 2010
Mrs. A. Druce (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Basic Italian: Pimsleur Language Program (Audio CD)
I am a fan of Michel Thomas's language systems, but was persuaded to switch to this following the reviews on Amazon. It's not bad for a very basic introduction, although not that many verbs are included and no explanation of how they are used. There is also a very limited vocabulary used. The male American commentary is quite annoying (as a non-American), and some of the questions/answers are provided as if an American is using it. I wish I'd stuck to my usual Michel Thomas system as I'm used to the way he teaches - maybe not always phrases you'd necessarily use but provides a much wider understanding of how the language is put together.
I would not recommend Pimsleur if you are looking for a lot of day to day phrases or an extensive vocabulary. In fact, I've had to make further purchases of Italian language systems to ensure that I feel confident enough to open my mouth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD Audio course, 17 April 2013
J. MacKie "Auralis" (Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Basic Italian: Pimsleur Language Program (Audio CD)
FANTASTIC FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING SYSTEM, would recommend to anyone wishing to converse with confidence in any country to which they travel.

Basic Italian: Pimsleur Language Program
Basic Italian: Pimsleur Language Program by Pimsleur (Audio CD - 13 Oct 2011)
16.56