5.0 out of 5 stars SO MUCH HELP HERE --- FOR RECEPTIVE SOULS
After reading some of the other reviews, I can not understand how anyone could read this book in its entirety and NOT get help. There is so much wisdom offered here, so much help for everyday living. Chapters on such things as Relationships, Addiction, Power, Illusion, Choice, - all of the issues that we all so regularly have trouble dealing with.
I have read...
Published on 8 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars not easy to digest
Published on 30 Oct 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars SO MUCH HELP HERE --- FOR RECEPTIVE SOULS, 8 Aug 1999
This review is from: The Seat of the Soul (Paperback)
I have read the author's other books and have seen him speak many times. Believe me, he is not in this for the money. As a matter of fact, he is the most loving, unpretentious man I have ever met. He wrote this book because he has a strong heart-felt desire TO HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND, and he has devoted his life to this purpose. He was a suffering human being,in great emotional pain, until he was blessed with the experiences and divine guidance that changed his life.
All that he wishes to accomplish in this book, is to share with others what he now knows to be his own personal spiritual truth. It transformed his life, and if your heart and spirit are open, it can do the same for you.
Please judge this book on its own merit. He has written it in a way that it is clearly understandable, offering his love and wisdom to those of all faiths. You are free to accept only whatever you find that rings true in your own heart and soul, but there is so much insight here.
To say that it transformed my life is putting it mildly. I have given away numerous copies of this book to friends and relatives and most have come to view it as a treasure. Hope you will find that it will mean as much to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book requires faith and an intuitve leap to enjoy., 29 Aug 1999
This review is from: The Seat of the Soul (Paperback)
Not unlike many ideas that are provocative, this narrative compels one to have faith, accept and/or be willing to seriously consider the notions put forward in this book. If you are unwilling to do so, I advise that you move quickly on. This book is an organized stream of intuitive contiousness. I enjoyed it because it provided a clear framework for something that I already beleive. How many of us would have read, understood and beleived Einstein's theory of relativity in 1949? I found the book inspirational. It's ideas resonate with my experience and intuitive belief. However, for those tightly bound to rationality and the "have to see it to beleive it crowd", it does not prove the case. It postulates a notion. My strong christian faith was not offended by the New Age rhetorical style. However, this is not a book for one who seeks rationaly revealed truth or biblical submission. If you know what prayer is all about, then this book may prompt you to new heights of awareness. If you already beleive and understand the many writings, reflections and declarations on the Aquarian Age and New Age Spirituality, then this book puts many of those ideas into a consistant and intuitive, if not fully rational, framework. Most importantly, it brings the message of Unconditional Love to a world that is skeptical, crass, and far too devoid of messages of True Joy. It moves with grace to address and enlighten many questions related to the nature of our existence and why we as humanity exist at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A challenging book, encouraging personal responsiblity., 17 Mar 2002
I am so glad I read this book.
In a fast modern world full of day to day pressures we all need reminding that a change in attitude can change your life and this book, so beautifully written, guides you with love, compassion and understanding to a greater view of our tiny lives.
Gary Zukav caters for the merely curious to those already on the seekers path and as such I think everyone will finish this book feeling hope and encouraged to move forward in their life.
An excellent book - buy, learn, enjoy, and make a difference!!

3.0 out of 5 stars not easy to digest, 30 Oct 2000
By A Customer
I agree with a reviewer above that this book is not easy on the head; I,too, have read many, many books on this subject. I was familiar with the author from the Oprah show, and really enjoy him and his theories. However, as familiar as I am with this subject, I had to re-read certain passages many, many times to totally understand and digest the message. What is missing in this book is the personal touch, and the personal stories that are available in his appearances on the Oprah show. Actually, each time that Oprah refers to this book as her "favourite", (which of course is VERY influential ) I feel that she should add a word to beware the reader...I was impressed however with the level of intelligence and thinking pattern. I look forward to "Soul Stories". Perhaps this new book will fill in the blanks that "Seat Of The Soul" did not fill...

5.0 out of 5 stars My Complete Perspective has Blossomed and Expanded, 7 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This is probably one of the most prolific books that I have EVER read. Gary Zukov has masterfully explained, in readable terms, the mysteries of what one cannot see, touch, hear, smell and taste. Anyone who grew up in the Bible Belt of Texas, as I did, will understand the mental, emotional and spiritual straight-jacket that permeates ones mindset about moving through life with spiritual baggage. This book has allowed me to grow spiritually. It opened my eyes to the more important things....one's focus, one's consciousness about everything one does. My fear in picking up the book was that it would grate against my fundamental spiritual beliefs - quite the contrary - it has enhanced my spirituality and brought me to a peaceful place with a sense of spiritual hope for my future and my children's. It really is a must-read for those looking for 'that missing something' that one cannot quite articulate. Gary has put into words what I have felt and had no idea what 'IT' was, for years. I am sure there are many people who will feel the sense of peace, hope, and joy that I have, through reading this book combined with faith and an open mind. I re-read it and it was like reading a whole new book the second time - and I believe reading it many more times will bring much more to light to my consciousness in my quest to learn Life's Lesson's within God's Plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably, the best book in the world, 5 Sep 2003
This in my opinion is a life changing book. If you want to know the meaning of life, then this book is for you. It is not a light read by any means. You will have be ready to open your mind and be prepaired to ditch all of your preconceptions about life and the universe. If you have lost a loved one and need reassurance, or keep saying "Why does this always happen to me? Look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some are going to get it, and some are not., 9 Jun 1999
This review is from: The Seat of the Soul (Paperback)
I first read the Seat of the Soul in 1990 and too found it hard to understand. I bought the tape version and have listened to it literally dozens of times. I have listened with my heart and "I get it". This book is about understanding how the world we see as being so hard on everyone could be seen as compassionate. I have taken a step back and took a deep breath and asked myself on many occasions, "what am I doing here?". My technical background wants to make sense of the Earth journey. Gary's book helped me do that. I get it. I read all of the reveiws found here before commenting and I can say that everyone is entitled to their opinions and some "don't get it". This is not uncommon for us, many are devoute Christians and know that loving God and loving neighbor is the key to the whole journey. I get it. You can find this answer in all religions, you can find it in New Age what ever that is(the truth is actually quite old), and you can find it in your own heart and you will get it. Christ was killed by those that on face value didn't get it. On face value many have responded negatively to The Seat of the Soul, I have found it to be very helpful and definately worth the small amount of money I paid for it. I have found the chapter on judgement to be most valuable, not judging those who don't get it keeps me from having to participate in that negativity. Not judging those who put Christ to death is not me getting it, it was Christ's wish, he got it. I highly recommend the tape version of this book and hope those who are searching for spiritual meaning will check it out. I believe you will get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting and Insightful, 2 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Growing up as a Catholic, I was so afraid of what would become of me when I died, and throughout my life(I am 49 years young) I have always wondered why they( the church) would teach me that God was a very Loving and Just God on one hand and then on the other hand say that if we sin (even if we do repent of our sins) we would be judged by our deeds when we die,then be thrown in hell to suffer for all eternity. I was totally confused by this contradiction. Everytime I committed a sin I just knew that God was going to strike me dead and send me straight to Hell. So I was scared of death and what came after. I thought I would never see Jesus or Heaven. But these past few years I have been questioning not only my worth on this planet but what my role and everything else's role is in this life and what our purpose on this planet really is. Are we here only to be judged by an unforgiving God? I think not! I have read this book "The Seat of the Soul" and it has really helped me to come to understand our place in this universe and why we are here. I have also realized that everything on this planet is here for a reason and that only God knows why he put us here. Why people don't believe in reincarnation is their choice, but I think that if God keeps sending us back here again and again, it is because we did not do what he wanted us to do the first time and we have to come back time and time again until we do it right. I think God will give us all the chances we need to get it done right. He is our Father and Loves us very much and he feels we need to experience life in order for our souls to learn and grow. Doesn't that sound more like the Loving and Kind God we know and Love? Instead of the Mean and vengeful God that we were taught in our youth. Who are these people to say just HOW God works? Pretty presumptious of them I would say. Pretty full of themselves, and arrogant too. I have refered this book to many of my friends. I think this book tells us so much about Our creator and Angels and our purpose here. I felt very uplifted after reading this book. It gives us hope for the future. Time in God's eyes is very different from ours. Everything is relative in this universe, from the smallest creature to the largest. We all belong to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of Making Your Own Judgement, 27 April 1999
This review is from: The Seat of the Soul (Paperback)
If Oprah thought enough of the wisdom contained in this book to rate it the # 2 book in her life, after the Bible, you have to believe it is worthy of your own soul's judgement of the impact it can make on your life. For the people who reviewed the book negatively, how anyone could mock a work that is so based on love, compassion,and reverance for life, is beyond me. If any of you watched the last Oprah show where the author was the guest, you saw the people who had read the book that were living proof as to how the wisdom in this book had made such a major impact on them and turned their lives around. It was very touching and dramatic and each person expressed their gratitude to Gary for writing the book.
If anyone feels it is really important to know the source of his information,listen to the audio tape "Authentic Power". In this taped interview, he gives all of the details of his own personal experience and tells the extraordinary story as to how the information was revealed to him. If you are curious to know even more about the author, and what he is trying to accomplish for the world, go to his web site, zukav.com.
This book is an absolute treasure. My copy is now so dog-eared and marked up from being read so many times. The wisdom that he provides in the book helps to MAKE SENSE OUT OF LIFE AND GIVES YOU DIRECTION !
Read this book and make your own judgment. You will get back so much from it, if your spirit and heart are open to learn and receive the blessings it has to give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple language, simple truths., 22 July 1999
This review is from: The Seat of the Soul (Paperback)
Gary Zukav is one of our generation's most eloquent minds. You have read the other reviews, you have seen how Zukav gives us an 'opiate' or a 'feel-good New Age' solution to our problems. These people have not given the writing any thought.
This book is written in simple language to speak to a mass audience about something we all wonder about: the realm of Spirit. No society in our brief human history has been so backward that it ignored the element of Spirit. We have always sought to define God.
In a way, this is arrogance. We seek to name and define the Divine, which is infinitely beyond our grasp. At the same time, Zukav uses his simple and broad definitions to describe what we are all looking for, no matter what our spiritual disciplines. If you hate this writing, you are being defensive of your own religious practices, grounded partially in contemplation of the Divine and partially in control of the masses.
If you read this book with open mind and heart, you will find new truth. The truth cannot be faked. The soul cannot be cheated. Truth is. If you look at any moment in your life, ask yourself three questions: 1) Where am I? 2) Where am I? 3) How can I be better? The answers are deceptively simple: 1) I am here. 2) It is now. 3) For the answer here, you must ask your higher self for guidance. The higher self never denies an answer.

The Seat of the Soul
The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav (Audio CD - 13 Feb 2006)
Used & New from: £34.26