Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 October 2007
The thing that many don't know about Jim Rohn is that much of Anthony Robbins' material came from this man. Rohn is not the showman that Robbins is and he is more straight talking but his messages are so effective. This is not a hocus-pocus, miracle-making programme but rather it is a life strategy of great ideas and concepts that you will find highly convincing and very usable. Rohn will not protect you from facing up to some hard truths but he will provide a great road-map and give you more than a fair chance at making a real success of your life. He also has a few real treasures which will stick in your mind for years to come. My favourite - 'work hard on your job and you'll make a living - work hard(er) on yourself and you'll make a fortune'.
on 21 April 2008
As this cd started I wondered if I could cope with the pronounced southern drawl, to to my amazement I ended up loving it. The way Jim talks makes me smile and even laugh out loud yet his message hits home so hard it takes your breath away. Superb value for money!
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2005
At the moment I am listening to this double cd around four times a week (for three weeks now), and I plan to carry on doing so for a good bit longer. WHY? - because there is a lot in there that I need to hear.
The author talks eloquently and entertaingly about how his life was turned around through being mentored as a young man, by an older, successful businessman. He then imparts much of the essentials of what he has learnt to be the best and most successful way to live.
Its simple, inspiring, refreshing and empowering. Much revolves around the principle of developing your skills and effectiveness, instead of blaming conditions.
If you want to make a success of your life - get this and listen to it regularly, because it lays good foundations for establishing a much better life.
on 22 April 2008
Can you spare five minuates in your day to improve your life!

Listen to this on your way to work, or while you are walking i.e. shopping, going to work or lunch!
write down little notes.

Just these little actions repeated daily, will get you started on improving your life and those around you.

Wow what a great place to start you thinking on how to improve your life!

on 4 September 2006
This CD is is without doubt one of the best things I have ever bought. Jim Rohn delivers his philosophy with humour and style, I find myself quoting him to make my boyfriend laugh, and I lend the CD to those that are open minded enough to learn.

This CD is truely a great buy.

NOTE: track 1 is a cheesy introduction, but that is the only down side... and its easy to skip past.
on 10 December 2010
This is simply the best self development material I have ever come across.
If you want to laugh out loud on your way to work on a Monday morning and arrive inspired and ready to deal with what the week has to throw at you buy this - of courrse!
on 10 July 2007
If you work hard on your job, you will have a career. If you work hard on your life, you will have a fortune...

They are the words that come through from the CD set "The Art of Exceptional Living" by Jim Rohn. This two CD set is a fantastic way to introduce yourself to the work of Rohn, and to learn from the lessons that he had learned himself.

Much of the work is autobiographical, however this is no bad thing. Rohn talks about the difficult times in his life, earning $57 and there being more month than money at the age of twenty five. He then shows the main change that was required to break free from this vicious cycle - the change in blame - moving from an external blame mentality to an internal blame mentality.

He also demonstrates the benefits of focusing on enhanced skills, not reduced problems.

Another great section of this CD is the emphasis put on personal development. The cynic in me wonders whether this is partially self promotion of his other works, however despite this I completely agree with his sentiments that everybody should have a library including personal and business development materials, together with books and journals that enhance the mind and spirit.

This is a great CD set at a very low cost, that I would recommend is added to any personal development collection.
on 21 May 2011
I recently purchased this excellent pack of two Cds from Amazon. Jim Rohn is excellent and is well known in the world of Business. I listen to them every day while driving around, to keep my focus on why I am doing what I am in my life. It is very inspirational. I recommend it to all who need direction in self motivation. Jim Rohn will be missed, He has left us with a valuable legacy of how to succeed in life.
on 26 December 2009
Good material recommended for those who seek a productive change in their personal and professional lives.

If you have not listen to this fully; you have not listen to anything at all in motivational field.

It's impresive and highly recommended.
on 2 April 2012
This was my first 'Jim Rohn' audio CD which I purchased to listen to on my way to work in the car. I have to say that is is possibly my favorite 'educational/self help' CD. Jim Rohn is a great speaker with great advice. It's very easy to listen too (I've struggled with some others authors being either 'over the top' or a bit boring). I found it very therapeutic and very funny in parts! I have gone back and listened to it repeatedly it's that good. I would definitely recommend it.