5 Steps to Successful Selling
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£10.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 18 August 1999
A truely great tape - A must for any aspiring sales person. Play it before a meeting, presentation or interview to remind yourself of the fundamental selling principles. Even play it after a bad day at the office and this will give you a real motivation boost. Covers areas of Self Image, Prospecting, Presenting, and the most important issue of Closing. Nice one Zig!
on 22 January 2002
I can only comment on the audio cassette as I have not yet read the book. The audio cassette lacked depth which I assume is in the book, and have come to expect from Zig having listened to his "To The Top" series of tapes.
The 5 steps are clearly set out and follow a logical path to their conclusion. There is wisdom to be gained from each section but I particularily liked the helpful tips on closing a sale and customer referals. The steps to building a healthy self image could have been expanded on but a lot of that is available elsewhere.
Never the less this is an ideal first time introduction to the art of selling. With some useful imformation and, as always, Zig's own stories and sense humour to help you remember the important bits, I can certainly recommend this audio cassette. I would read the book first and then using tape as a follow up memory jogger.
Nothing from Zig Ziglar is ever wasted and this audio cassette is no exception. There are a couple of gems here that will form part of my sales reportoire.
on 31 October 2002
Beside the strong and unclear accent of the author, the pearls of wisdom dispensed are reather obvious things unless you are a teen selling part time during your studies.
The first "great" idea is to dress well otherwise on a sale process you are not confident enough blah blah...oh Please! this is really too much. So you know the first step already!
The rest of the CD was just bubbling on obvious think or stories on how the author saved money buying a bike for his kids 20 years ago. Pathetic!
Perhaps the author should have asked a professional reader to talk on the tape. He is not talking in English nor in American but on his own Texan slangy hangy which is really not appropriate for poor consumers who paid money for this "CD".
on 24 November 2007
I really tried hard not to get distracted from the very annoying voice, and listen to the content, but even that I found so worthless that I did not finish listen to it. Maybe it's because I am in software sales or because we sell to large enterprises, but I really thought this was more applicable to people selling to consumers and mass sales. If that's you, then maybe it's worth listing to, but there are better ones around.