4.0 out of 5 stars Good :), 8 July 2013
This review is from: Chinese (Cantonese), Q&s: Learn to Speak and Understand Cantonese Chinese with Pimsleur Language Programs (Pimsleur Quick and Simple) (Audio CD)
Coming from someone who is learning my mother's native tongue of Cantonese, it seems pretty good in terms of pronunciation of tones and common phrases they speak. However if you're like me who prefers some book or text to follow along with the pinyin and Chinese traditional characters for a more effective learning, then this isn't sufficient for the learning student. This is only good for those who learn better through audio or need a good listening CD, as they have natives speaking fluently and helps you to master the whopping seven tones in Cantonese! Another thing which kind of confused me was some of the phrases they used. For example for the phrase 'I can understand' the CD says 'ngoh sik teng' but both my mum and the lonely planet book use 'ngoh ming baak'? Either way, there will always be various ways of saying something... so don't be surprise of a phrase you've not heard of! XD
Another good resource is CantoneseClass101.com where they have some good youtube videos as well as podcasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than breathing!, 28 Oct 2002
After trying a number of books, including the legondary (R, Bruce: Speaking Cantonesse) and having limited sucess, including mixed responses from Cantonese folk. I descided it was time to purchase a compact disc. Not only did i find this collection of 8 lessons over 4 CDs value for money, they were also stimulating, helpful and fruitful. Instead of leaving a lesson dissillusioned, one feels eager to learn more. Books cannot teach you the correct pronounciation or tones and this helps you to get it spot on.
Although the American accent can put you off at times, the course is well worth the money if you are English speaking and are serious about learning Cantonese.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Aug 2010
Great product !!
i learnt soo much, im not good at keeping things in my head but this product helps me learn easily

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend it for Listen and Repeat Learning, 4 May 2013
I found this way of learning ideal for myself, it was a bit too basic for myself as I already know a little bit but not enough to have a conversation. I have tried many other CD learning techniques and the Pimsleur way I have found that I have learned more about word order. It is a great way of learning for myself and I will definitely order the complete course.