Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2012
... I must didn't quite get this book. I thought the subject would be so gripping, and it is probably my fault, but I just couldn't get into it. I found the structure darted around too much and I never quite understood how the major players developed or got to their positions of power. Whenever i put the book down I had to struggle to pick it back up and start reading again as I didn't feel any great excitement about what might happen next. everyone else seemed to enjoy the book hugely so I must have just missed something.
on 4 July 2005
Disneywar provides the latest installment on the power stuggle currently controlling Disney! As the CEO Eisner looks to retire, this book documents the stories behind the top personnel who have attempted to provide a likely line of succession and failed. A fascinating insight into how Eisner controls all aspects of Disney and the acrimony following the loss of the last original Disney family member from the Board. Especially interesting to anyone who has followed Eisner's career and read his version of events!
on 1 November 2015
Can't believe I didn't buy this book earlier. Fantastic analysis of how Hollywood Ego literally took over this family company. The only decent thing Eisner did was to reject Steve Case's AOL bid for Disney.
on 10 November 2011
I won't repeat the other reviweres.. but all the more fascinating becuase the huge level of subpoena-ed documentation means that we get to see what really happened inside the meetings.
on 26 October 2013
a facinating and in-depth look into big busness. and they dont come any bigger. a spotlight into what it takes to be the best and how easy it is to fall.
on 12 May 2014
Excellent! Amazing book I finally got around to reading. Learnt so much about The Magic Kingdom. Absolutely worth the money.
on 12 September 2015
This is very interesting and one of the best books i have read.
on 4 February 2015
Awesome book couldn't put it down
on 7 January 2016