5.0 out of 5 stars READ IT YOU'LL LOVE IT
I have enjoyed reading this book and I would reconmend it to those who like 50 cent and to those who don't.
This is a good read and I wish there were others like it.
Published on 24 Jan 2006 by lulu*

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a bit short
Published 13 months ago by Michael B

5.0 out of 5 stars READ IT YOU'LL LOVE IT, 24 Jan 2006
lulu* (surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This is a good read and I wish there were others like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Curtis Jackson to 50 Cent, 15 Oct 2006
Mr. J. Corbett "jakee70" (Worcester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens (Paperback)
If you are interested at all in 50 cent then you need this book. He tells us all about how he grew up, what friends he had, codes of the street and how he made his money before he became a rap star. Excellent read throughout. Alot of people think that the movie Get Rich or Die Tryin told the real story of 50 cent but after reading this book it opens your eyes to a different point of view that he explains in his own unique way of how he came up from a local drug dealer to become one of the most well known rappers in the world today.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most misunderstood rapper since Tupac, 4 Dec 2005
I read this book in a day. It is a page turner and 50 gives an honest depiction of his life and how he made it out of the ghetto. At times I found myself howling with laughter and other times feeling pretty tearful. When he described how he felt on his mother's passing, you could clearly feel the pain that he must have felt as a 8 year old boy. Nonetheless, he was fortunate enough to have grandparents who helped raise him. His decline into drug dealing and his subsequent return even after being incarcerated is particularly poignant and addresses the despair that a lot of kids in his position experience who have no significant role models.
50 is not ashamed to be brutally honest and he is a fantastic narrater. Buy this book and you get to hear the sad story behind his doberman dog, Dillinger and the total comedy experience of Grits and Butter who were two of the most scariest gangsta's ever to leave the South and land on Queens, New York. You get to hear about his love life and how it has made him wary of women. You get to read about the mother of his child and how he was desperate to turn over a new leaf when he became a father.
But more importantly, it shows (albeit very succintly) how this guy was destined for better things. When he sold drugs, he was the best at it and made more money than all his competitors on the strip. It even shows how even in 6 months Shock Incarceration enduring a crippling daily regime by an ex army official who positively hated him, he still managed to be delegated the task of commander in chief of the daily workouts.
If you asked me a few months ago what I thought about 50, I would have said another arrogant gangsta rapper but having taken time to understand about him and watch his documentaries I can see that there is a lot more to the guy than meets the eye. Don't judge him harshly. Get the book then decide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 17 Jan 2014
Very inspiring book on Fifty's life. For entrepreneurs this will be very helpful since it takes you through some of the rough life experience Fifty faced whilst trying to become successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many men wish death upon me, 24 Sep 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I have to admit that, this is my first autobiography and it didn't disappoint, I just couldn't stop turning the pages.

It was really great to hear about fiddy's life, up's and down's. He really articulates his story well, and you really feel for him through the bad times, and hearing about when he pulls through with sheer determination and hard work really spurs you on to do the same.

I have one small complaint, and that's it was too short!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Hip Hop Autobiography, 5 Aug 2013
'50 Cent' Curtis Jackson has always come across as a intelligent man and even smarter business man, so it doesn't surprise me to see his book so well written and detailed about his life growing up.

If you know him from the Hip Hop world then you're sure to know well about his documented past in Southside Jamaica Queens, growing up in the fast paced concrete jungle, with no other means to survive but to resort to drugs. It's through this story detailed within the book that you begin to see '50 Cents' business acumen arise and his ability to make money and negate deals for himself through street knowledge.

Although it only speaks about the life of Curtis Jackson as he's known up until the take off of his rap career and becoming '50 Cent', it's well worth the read and I personally could not put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a bit short, 4 Jun 2013
If I could I would give this book 3 and a half stars did not enjoy the book as much as I thought I would, it is an interesting read and you learn a lot about 50 cent's early life and his motivation however 80% of this book is about him selling drugs and the part of the book where he describes becoming a rapper seems rushed one minute he's a drug dealer the next minute he's a rapper, there is not much on the process of writing or producing get rich or die tryin. Book is also very short only just over 200 pages. Hopefully he brings out a second autobiography where he talks more about music and the people he has met. However for any 50 cent fan I would recommend this book

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Jan 2013
Very interesting read on life before 50 really blew up. I am more interested in the music side which only gets going 80% of the way into the book, which makes me think he must release another one which i will enjoy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars 50 Cent does it again, 3 Nov 2005
By Far the biggest rapper in music at the moment. He has sold Music broke the debute record, he has sold clothes, jewelry, he has made stores everything. And now he has made an auto biography something few rappers do. I personally found this my favoruite book great and would go as far as to say it was the best one i have ever read. It made me see life from his perspective and see a few things about life i didnt notice. To sum it up IT WAS GREAT and i hardly ever read. buy this book its more than worth your money. RESPECT TO 50 CENT.

5.0 out of 5 stars wkd!, 25 July 2006
being a 50 fan..i loved this book and enjoyed it very much! it really gives you an insight to the life of 50..all the hardships he went through from growing up in a ghetto street area...to hustling...living in a tiny house full of people..commiting crimes..life behind the bars...etc etc...its written very well. after everything this guy's been through..look where he is now?..a phenomenal rappa'....i dont think you have to be a 50 fan to enjoy it....this book is bound to blow you away even if your like "whos 50?" ..i read this in a few hours..its truly worth reading..trust me.

From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens
7.36
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available