5.0 out of 5 stars guaranteed to improve your game dramatically.
Published on 20 April 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable book from famous golf psychologist.
Useful book on how confidence and a positive approach is important in playing well. There are plenty of anecdotes and some examples of how players created a helpful mental approach. On the flip side, the reader might have difficulties translating the 200+ pages of the book into concrete changes that are key for them.
Published on 4 Aug 2006 by V Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars guaranteed to improve your game dramatically., 20 April 2000
By A Customer
There is just no way a serious golfer can do without this book. Bob Rotella teaches you to think absolutely, 110%, the most effective way possible. It is the major reason why, on the brink of giving the game up two years ago, I'm now enjoying my golf and playing better golf than ever. I'm also a Category 1 golfer, handicap 3, and will continue to improve because of this (and Golf is Not A Game of Perfect). Put it this way, I have just lent my copy to one of last year's victorious Walker Cup team who is now a budding pro with sights on the Masters etc. How can a club golfer with sights on the Club championship disagree with that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by a great writer, 13 May 2003
By A Customer
When I first ordered this I didn't expect it be be written in the format that it is. It comes across as something similar to Harvey Pennick's format with annecdotes used from the author's experience to highlight the benefits of confident thinking.
I have finished it for the second time now and as long as you take on board the concepts that the book explains it can only help your game.
> Get a pre-shot routine and stick to it.
> Get a mental pre-shot routine and stick to it.
> Get a gameplan/strategy and use it.
> Stay in the present.
> Focus on the smallest possible target
> Stay positive.
I have taken to writing PMA (positive mental attitude) on my ball just in case I slip out from the present. Worth at least a couple of shots a round to most players in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable book from famous golf psychologist., 4 Aug 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on good mental golf, 1 April 2003
By A Customer
I wasn't sure what to make of this and it certainly wasn't the content that I expected. I though it would be more instructional but instead had more anecdotes relating to players that Bob Rotella has helped. It seems to have been written very much like the Harvey Pennick books.
On completion of the book I am now starting to re-read it to pick out the bits that I want to incorporate into my game. A pre-shot mental routine is certainly something that I will take on board to try and eliminate negative thinking before certain shots. I also like the putting routine that Davis Love uses, Darren Clarke has also just started to do the same thing after starting to work with Bob Rotella.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For All Serious Golfers, 10 April 2000
By A Customer
If you are serious about playing good golf then this book is a must. Easy to read format and varied content make this book superb. Plus there is a summary of all the key points at the end of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yes it is., 23 Mar 2010
This review is from: Golf is a Game of Confidence (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Dr Bob. He writes easy to read instruction that will challenge you to improve the way you think. I have gained enormously by reading his books and my golf game and enjoyment of it have increased beyond my initial expectations.
Anyone who plays golf (or any sport) knows that a few good shots gives confidence and not only improves your score but puts a smile on your face too. Dr Bob helps you to achieve this more often.

Confidence breads success but you do not need success to be confident!

Buy it, enjoy it and swing well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best, 17 Mar 2009
This review is from: Golf is a Game of Confidence (Paperback)
This is a good book but i believe that golf is not a game of perfect will improve your confidence and scores better than this book. I now seem to focus on the main points from golf is not a game of perfect whilst im playing rather than the concepts from golf is a game of confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Golf is a Game of Confidence (Paperback)
Bought at Xmas time and husband totally raves about this book - says it all makes perfect sense! seems happy on the golf course - so must be something in it! ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 4 Oct 2013
It's a good read but based as many of these books are, on other peoples usually pros experiences, which are in some cases difficult to relate my own needs to. There are however some useful quotes which have helped me get to grips with a total loss of form & how lessons & course play should interact

3.0 out of 5 stars In every round there is one poor shot - this is Bob's, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Golf is a Game of Confidence (Paperback)
I've got all of Dr. Bob's books, his guidance is absolutely brilliant, but if I were to give any of them a miss - it would be this one. I know this was one of his earlier ones, and he's impoved a great deal, but following the success of 'Golf is not a game of perfect' this is disappointing. It is simply a series of stories about people (well known and unknown) that Bob has dealt with. The explanations and learning points are a bit obscure and the writing is far less rivetting than his other books - it's the only book of his that I found hard work. Keep this in perspective; we are comparing it to some brilliant books, but in a good round, it's his only poor shot. As he himself describes, he will have taken the learning from it, forgotten it, and carried on to play a superb game.

Golf is a Game of Confidence
Golf is a Game of Confidence by Bob Rotella (Paperback - 7 Jun 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01