5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Star Trek novels I have ever read, 21 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Crucible: McCoy - Provenance of Shadows (Star Trek: The Original) (Mass Market Paperback)
Let's get a few things straight right from the start. I am a self-confessed trekkie. I tend to love all things Trek, even to the point where my critical faculty breaks down (although I have given some pretty negative reviews to other Trek novels right here on Amazon). Up until now, my favourite Trek novelist has been Peter David. That might have to change.

I do not want to give away anything about this book. I don't want to spoil any surprises. I guess it isn't the most action-packed Trek novel I've ever read -- there are a few sequences here and there but they aren't what this book is about.

There is quite a bit of romance in the air throughout this book.

It's really all about everyone's favourite space doctor, Leonard McCoy M.D. He was probably my favourite character in the original series; he was the one with the most human viewpoint of all. This is a story all about him. About his life. About his romantic relationships.

I'm not sure I'm making a good job of selling this book. It's a long but rewarding read. But it's more about the people than it is about the science, and let's face it, that's often a sign of good science fiction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential McCoy reading, 27 Jan. 2015
Ali Bongo (California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is such a colourful adventure - such a beautiful concept. If you love McCoy you'll love this story of a Southern Gentleman out of his time. Almost like dream...

Crucible: McCoy - Provenance of Shadows (Star Trek: The Original)
Crucible: McCoy - Provenance of Shadows (Star Trek: The Original) by David R., III George (Mass Market Paperback - 2 Oct. 2006)
Used & New from: £1.05