‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A thriller which has it all, 9 Nov 2006
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
Mary Higgins Clark is a fantastic writer who always manages to capture her readers' attention. The only book of hers that has disappointed me a little, was "The Lottery Winner", which I think was not up to usual MHC standard.

"Remember me", however, is a thriller which has it all. Fascinating, intricate and believable plot. A wide range of players at the stage. Excellent characterization. Well researched historical background with detailed information about events having taken place three hundred years ago.

Seemingly a psychological thriller, with heroine Menley's PTSD/madness playing a central part, the pieces of the puzzle are slowly falling into place as the story unfolds. Strange co-incidencies are revealed and reality takes over. The (not so surprising) bad girls and guys are caught, and Menley, her husband Adam and daughter Hannah get their life back and a beautiful house in which to enjoy it.

So, even if I guessed "who did it" a bit before the end, that did not keep me from enjoying every word of this page-turner to the full.

Five stars given, the book is highly recommended and a very talented lady given her due.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely addictive!, 23 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
I first read an abbreviated version of this book in one of Readers' Digest's condensed versions. It was so enthralling I rushed out to buy the full version - and that was even better. An absolutely wonderful mystery that keeps you guessing up to the last page. Beautifully complemented with colourful American history.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's on my favourites list!, 8 May 2011
This review is from: Remember Me: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
This book is so great it's one of my all time favourites now! As a paranormal fantasy novel for young adults, I'd recommend it for any age, it's exceptionally good reading.

The story of Shari Cooper after her death is exceptionally well written, you become drawn into the story because it's unique and because the characters are interesting and very real. Along with suspense and paranormal mystery, this novel is also darkly funny at times, and takes you on a journey with Shari as she explores life after death.

I can't recommend this novel enough, whether you like horror novels or not, you'll still love this story. It's not terrifying it's haunting and a delightful dark fantasy. A must read for teenagers and adults who enjoy dark fantasy and teenage fantasy/horror.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most fantastic book I have ever read, 14 Jan 2001
This review is from: Remember Me: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
Wow. This book is absoloutely GREAT! It actually changed my outlook on life. It makes you see through different eyes, and is horrific, funny, sad, tragic, and everything else. If you're looking for one of those rare reads where you look forward to getting home on a night, this one for you! Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bible, 22 Oct 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Remember Me: Bk. 1 (Paperback)
Out of all the Pike books I have read this is by far the best. At a time when I was confused and hateing life ie 15 years old, this book came as a companion to me. I am now 18 and have read it about 50 times. All I can say is thank you Mr. Pike for saving my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Richie Clark-Johnson, 9 Jun 2006
A. Adnams "Richie" (sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
This spectacular book is 1 out of a trilogy with an aggresive feel.It is a first person book so if you like to get straight in to a book i will tell you now this would probably not be a book for you.It has got hints of evrything a little action a little comedy and so on.it all starts out when a girl called shari dies.Now, she starts off by telling you how she died and how much she wants to find her killer, but there's not so much she can do seeming she's dead so she needs help some hwo and her friend peter comes along and shows her stuff what could not be done in the real world.And that's when the mission begins who killed her and how she will find out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best book ive ever read, 9 Oct 2004
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
What can i say apart from the title, i love this book so much, ive read it more than once and finish it within a day as i cant physically put it down. I was expecting it to be a grusome horror book but its not, although, that is good. The books makes you think what could possibly happen and in the end your always wrong anyway. When you get to the end of the book, it will just hit you with how good it was, and the last words, "I want you to remember me". Truly brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Jun 2007
RM Brown "rachmarie1611" (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
I remember reading this book for the first time when I was a teenager and now in my mid-twenties I love it just as much as I did then. It's a great story told from the intriguing point of view of a victim of murder trying to work out who killed her and to prove to her friends and family that she did not kill herself. Christopher Pike is a master at writing and it's the kind of book you can read again and again and love as much as you did the first time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Continues a good tradition, 26 Feb 2006
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
Though many of Clark's books are fairly similar in layout, they still manage to be suspenseful and fun to read. I generally end up not being able to put her books down. This was the case this time as well.
I felt with Menley who was disbelieved and only thought crazy or in the thrall of her PTSD by her husband Adam. I think that would have pissed me off a great deal. The "bad guy" was no surprise, but then they never are in her books. The exitement lies instead in seeing how Clark manages to time and time again bring me as a reader into her plot, while at the same time giving me all of the information. I don't know why it works but it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars remember me, 27 Oct 2004
This review is from: Remember Me (Paperback)
Remember me is the most fantastic book i've ever read! i've had it for years and well i can read it again and again. the mixed emotions and some what comforting thoughts this book provide are fantastic. life after death- whether u believe it or not doesnt come into it. after reading this book i was impressed but also saddened it had ended. i also recommend the sequals!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Remember Me
Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark (Paperback - 2 Aug 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01