on 21 April 2014
A wonderful insight into the life of Mineko Iwasaki. I have always been fascinated by all things Japanese and read this book in 2 nights. Touching and inspiring.
on 14 May 2014
If you like Memoirs of a Geisha then you'll love this. Well written and put together. Truthful and moving story. An excellent read if you love Japan and Geisha's!
on 18 February 2016
Really enjoyed this story not something I would usually go for. Gives inside perspective of what being a geisha involves and all the hard work and sacrifice.
on 7 February 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable, I zipped through at quite a pace.
Wonderfully descriptive, the transition these beautiful girls go through mirrors Japan itself.
on 11 October 2013
Very authentic to Kyoto history. It reads well and covers more than just a personal account. Really powerful images, finished a bit quick.
on 23 May 2014
It is a remarkable TRUE story which makes it so captivating. I find myself reading this book with every spare minute. Well worth reading.
on 18 October 2014
Good book if you're off to Japan and or if you've read memoirs of a Geisha, to get a real autobiography's perspective.
on 9 September 2013
Lovely read about a forgotten culture. Good for a holiday. Not a hard read but keeps you gently reading til the end.
on 27 March 2013
This is an easy book to read once you get the hang of the Japanese words. Very interesting story of how Geishas live
on 25 October 2015
I quite enjoyed reading this book, Geisha girls I have heard about but that's about all, I found very educational.