5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published on 5 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle editing again!
I loved the TV series although I am much older than the target audience. I watched some episodes in French recently which reminded me how good the TV show was. So when I read good reviews of the book I decided to try one. Nicely written and well-plotted: I enjoyed it very much. BUT.... And it really is a big but, the editing on this kindle edition is RUBBISH. Some...
Published on 16 Aug 2011 by owlservice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Nov 2000
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
I watched two episodes of Roswell High and I was totally hooked! Then my friend bought this book and gave it to me to read, and I thought it was fantastic! She also bought another book in the series, but this was unfortunately Number 4, and now I have to buy 2 and 3. This is a brilliant book and one of the best things about it is that you find out more about the characters then the T.V. program. I totally recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: ONCE OPENED BOOK MUST BE READ FROM COVER TO COVER!, 8 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
After having watched the TV series on sky one I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a book which got the whole Roswell thing started. At first I was worried with it being under childrens books and not teens (although I'm just 21) but then I figured that the TV show was aimed at early teens and attracted a much elder following, mostly in their twenties, so I thought I would give it a try. I do not think this book is mentally challenging, but it so simple to lost in and carried away with that you find that you have to carry on reading no matter what time it is! It is simply fun reading and is the sort of book that made me love reading when I was in my teens and I found it almost comforting that not all books had to be acompanied by a dictionary and thesaurus! I found that ths book was an excellent read for any fan of the show, and with just the right amount of differences to make the reader carry on reading. My plan on buying the book was to find out what happened in the second series of Roswell, (which apparently will go ahead, and is not to be cut like WB announced) this book does not give any clue to the second series it basically sums up what happened in the first episode (The Pilot), except it goes into much more detail on the main characters, and unless you read the book you will never find out what Isabel and Alex are like as the TV show does not give either of them enough screen time. Also the Michael situation is much more understandable in the books than the TV show and you start to think much more of him. This book would please any fan of the show, but beware once you open the book that is it you'll be hooked and you will have to buy the whole series!

5.0 out of 5 stars gotta read it!, 3 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
WEll the series of roswell high begins before buffy on thursday this week which I love and can't wait to watch it. I read this book and loved it very catchy and how liz and max fall in love it is real cool. I think these books will be a big hit so go out there and read 'em!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start to a 'just as excellent' series., 28 July 2000
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
Having already seen the TV series, I was pleasantly surprised not only by how different the books were, but how similar as well. Though little details differ here and there, the books put more background into each of the central characters, things that might not have been seen on TV. Both types are unique, I enjoy each in different ways and will definitely continue reading (and watching.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review by Patricia's Particularity, 2 Aug 2011
Patricia Leppla (Tucosn, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
Being a 90's child I fell in love with the Roswell tv show. Having watched the entire series numerous times it was really hard to not imagine the same actors/actress as these characters - this was actually very easy as there are not many differences between the show and the books. The "Roswell action" starts right away - Liz is shot by a man in her family's restaurant and Max saves her life. Liz finds herself in a whole different type of world. While the Sheriff has way to many questions for her and what really happened, Liz can't help but feel drawn to Max. She is seeing him in a whole new light.... he is an alien and so are Isabel and Michael. With her best friends, it is now Liz's turn to help save Max's life and their possible future together.

This was a very fast paced book. The writing is not complicated but yet is enjoyable. Melinda Metz's writing style is simple and provides many different points of views from all the major characters. While this series is not 'earth-shattering', I loved the first book and can not wait to start the second.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Recommended for every roswell fan!, 1 April 2009
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
This book is absolutely amazing! But remember to order the whole series from 1-10 as they are all definitely worth it. They are highly recommended for all roswell fans and really give you a great insight into the characters.

They also introduce interesting new characters which werent on the show into the mix. Obviously since the show is base don the books this gives you the unadulterated roswell experience.

However, like the show there isn't enough of max and liz together. But in an any case if 3 seasons werent enough and you want more for roswell you deifnitely need to read this whole series of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book and the series - both fantastic!, 14 May 2000
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
A brilliant book. A little different to the T.V. series, but they're both fantastic! If you watch the programme, then read the books. If you want to watch the programme after reading the book it's on at 8:00pm on Sky One. I would totally recommend both.

5.0 out of 5 stars ThE OuTsIdEr: RoSwElL HiGh WaS ThE BeSt BoOk I EvEr ReAd!!!!, 26 Dec 1998
By A Customer
This was the best book I ever read. Once I picked up the book, I couldn't stop reading it. Now I want to buy the whole series so I know how the whole story will end. I am planning on buying books number 2, 3, 4, and more if she keeps on writing more books to make a whole series. I hope she keeps writing because this was the best Book I ever read. I can not wait to get all the books she wrote so far and start reading it. I hope she keeps writing so other people will know how she writes books and she really is good at it. GoOd JoB MeLiNdA MeTz!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
I loved the TV series so I dedided to read Melinda Metz's books. There are a lot of differences from the TV series but the book is amazing.

1.0 out of 5 stars book, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) (Paperback)
as be for very poor all of the above very dissappointed in books xmas present for my grandaughter not you usual standerd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1)
The Outsider (Roswell High, No 1) by Melinda Metz (Paperback - 2 May 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01