on 10 February 2001
The Rihannsu series is definitely one of the best subseries of the Trek universe. Diane Duane wrote wonderful stories that make us understand the Rihannsu as a people. And this understanding goes far beyond the usual categories of black and white. There are lots of shades of grey.
"The Romulan Way" is not only the continuation of the story that began in "My Enemy, My Ally", it also provides the complete history of the Rihannsu (or Romulans as they are called by the humans) from the seperation of their ancestors from the Vulcans up to the events that are told in the Rihannsu series.
So my conclusion: Truly fascinating and required reading for every Trek Classic fan.
on 21 June 2013
Having decided to finally overcome my fear of Star Trek literature, I followed Empire magazine's advice and bought a copy of Duane's novel.

I wasn't disappointed. The book is well paced and tightly plotted; the prose manages to be both direct and learned; and the characters are complex and (dare I say it...) believable.