Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 7 November 2007
My husband and I both love this book. We learned so many things about how our bodies work. We both feel good about practicing what they teach. This book is healthy and balanced; it's not like others that may deprive your body of Carbo's or Protein. It just feels right and the work out is great too. I would recommend this book to all. Not just the people who need to loose a few pounds. If you are interested in being healthier and understanding how your body process food, then you should read this book. Enough typing, now back to reading.
Also recommended, one of my favorites, Understanding: Train of Thought.
on 24 August 2007
This book will really make you start to think about what you eat during the day.
I have used the information in this book to alter my diet and I have lost inches and feel fantastic. Don't think of it as a diet book though as it's not aimed at that. The book also makes a point of saying that everyone will slip and have chocolate or something.
on 24 January 2008
Michael Roizen helps you learn how your body works and how to get in touch with it. The only criticism I have of the book is that Roizen advocates a special diet, rather than focusing on what your body tells you what it needs. None the less, This book is your own owners manual for your own body. To be healthy you have to understand all of the various bodily functions, not just the dogmatic views other books discuss, and what you need to do to keep everything running smoothly and remain and maintain a healthy state.

Michael Roizen supplies us with relevant information, dispels myths and gives us real, no-nonsense advice about our bodies and makes you pay attention, understand and make choices. You; provides the necessary information in simple terms as a guide to take care of your body from your internal organs point of view.
It tells you the type of food that will help your body run well. The main focus is the heart and digestive system which I've found to be tremendously helpful. Very well written and put together. It supplies the information on health everyone should have.
on 27 July 2007
Forget about willpower, fads and fasts. Don't even consider weighing your food or counting calories. Losing weight and being healthy is all about education and making the right choices - not obsessing over every bite. In this clever, informative book, physicians Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz explain why dieting is ineffective and useless as a long-term strategy for controlling your weight. Cracking jokes along the way, the authors explain how your body works, why some people store excess fat and how cravings can victimize you. Roizen and Oz offer a sound nutritional game plan that features helpful recipes focusing on lean protein, plenty of fruit, whole grains, vegetables and nuts, without added sugar. The doctors are enthusiastic proponents of regular exercise, including walking, strength training and stretching. They believe that once you embrace a healthier lifestyle, you will automatically make better food choices. Sure, you might break down and have a slice of coconut custard pie now and then, but it won't send you into a junk food tailspin or make you feel guilty. If you're fed up with living off the fat of the land and finding it on your waistline, we highly recommend this book for its logical approach and sound advice.
on 2 August 2008
I know I gave this a 5 star, but in many words it's another diet book. I found it informative and it explains the way the body works in regards to weight losing/gaining etc...which many others don't. Again though it is just another diet book...who doesn't know that you need to eat fruit and veggies and fish and so on. So, for an informative entertaining read I would say go for it. I enjoyed it.
on 4 September 2009
You On a Diet is a useful diet hand book - the idea of concentrating on the waist as a guide to improving fitness is a good one. I found the format a bit blokey however - and didn't warm to the cartoons of the intestines! I think men would prefer this book to women dieters.
on 5 July 2007
I found this book to very interesting, motivating and positive. I read another review that commented that nothing 'new' is given-basically eat better/exercise more.This true, and the accompanying website realage.com has the exercise information anyway-BUT I found through reading how your body uses /processes sugar and other such foods, and the benefits of eating good foods to be very informative and as such (in my case) almost elminated the cravings I used to have for chocolate and other high suagr/instant sugar rush foods. I am a Brit -this is very much an 'American-You can do it' type book which I found great.
on 27 August 2008
"You on a Diet" is a great guide for choosing food that it healthy. The doctors explain the differences in fats and tell you what you should and should not be eating in a simple, easy to read way. It includes recipes and tips.
on 24 July 2009
You on a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist ManagementEasy to understand. Amusing illustrations. Up to date research results presented in an easily accessible manner. Practical ideas manageable in the real world. Convincing and inspiring.
on 3 December 2014
I dont like the writing style - its too show biz for me. I would prefer a more scientific/ grown up read.
Tables are hard to read in kindle as they do not align.