5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended
If you struggle with infertility this book will help. This is the only book that says what should be the doses for supplements in male and female infertility problems! Cheap for all the information you get!
Published 2 months ago by SylJola

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as informative as I had hoped
I have a diploma in nutrition and I found this book confusing and not easy to follow.
The basic premise is that there is a need to balance protein and carbohydrate effectively in order to prevent an insulin surge and blood sugar yoyoing . This has been shown to decrease fretility. So far so good.
However the part of the book explaining how to calculate your...
Published on 1 Nov. 2007 by J. Regan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as informative as I had hoped, 1 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Fertility Foods: Optimize Ovulation and Conception Through Food Choices (Paperback)
However the part of the book explaining how to calculate your protein needs was very confusing . when I calculated mine and balanced it out with fat and carb calories I ended up with something less then 1000 calories per day. No where near enough. I reread this section and the calculation was the same. Maybe I made a mistake in my calculations but could not easily see where.
It is also very biased towards an American audience all recipie volumes and many of the food stuffs mentioned were from the US. Which seemed strange to me - I would have thought fertility foods would essentially be whole foods not processed , prepacked foods.
I am waiting for Patrick Holford's book to arrive and hopefully this will be better

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, 5 Mar. 2015