on 25 January 2010
The recipes are fast, straightforward and delicious. The ingredients are all easily available. The dressings and salsa's are very quick and easy. What I especially loved is that I used everything that I bought because a lot of the ingredients are used for different recipes. This isn't a book that makes you buy a bunch of fancy (expensive) herbs or mushrooms, half of which ends up rotting in the fridge because they are never used again.

I saved a serious amount of time planning and preparing my weeks' meals using this book. Economical too. Love it.
on 30 April 2009
I thought the book was fantastic and most of the recipes were easy to make. I would like to see another book with more English recipes but apart from that it was fantastic.
I purchased a new George Foreman grill recently at a very attractive price, even lower than the same model offered by Amazon. It was a spontaneous purchase which was largely decided by the grill's attractive 'plum' colour and its overall simplistic design. I have a conventional gas grill but I thought a small, efficient, electric grill would be easier to use and to keep clean. This has proven to be the case.

I now have 3 George Foreman books covering grilling ('indoor barbecuing' as George Foreman likes to refer to it) and true barbecuing (outdoor grilling) and the book: 'George Foreman's Indoor Grilling Made Easy - More Than 100 Simple, Healthy Ways to Feed Family and Friends', is basically a recipe book which I purchased secondhand and therefore cheaply.

I find this book the least useful of the 3 because it contains recipes for meals that I am unlikely ever to cook. However, that is not to say the book is worthless, far from it because it provides typical cooking times for foodstuffs which can dramatically differ from those found on food wrappers. This distinction is a terribly important point to remember.

Now that I consider myself an experienced George Foreman grill user I now realise that experimentation plays a big part in using this type of small 'clamshell' grill. It is difficult to overcook a meal with a George Foreman grill although my first attempt at grilling fish steaks was not a brilliant success. The value of this book was to emphasise that cooking times are greatly reduced in most cases making meal preparation both quicker and cheaper.

I still get a kick out of using this grill and this book aids me with my experimentation.
on 14 October 2014
I bought this when I bought my hard-working daughter the George Foreman 14181 Silver 4-Portion Family Grill and Melt and can say they have been the best thing I have ever got her. She is able to produce great food despite a long tiring day and I have total peace of mind that she is looking after herself. As a Mum to a wonderful three year old and working full-time as a hairdresser, so is therefore on her feet all day at work and rushed off her feet looking after her little dynamo daughter! Worried that, she was not looking after herself by putting herself and her needs last, as most Mums do, I bought her the GF 14181 Silver 4- Portion Family Grill and Melt and this book. Now no matter how tired and worn out she feels I know she is also cooking a hot and healthy meal for herself, making me feel that I'm looking after her. Big as she is she is still my daughter and thanks to George Foreman I can still do that! Job done!
on 23 February 2010
Very disappointed with this book it is obvious for the american market using ingredients I have never heard of and which I don't think we can buy in the U.K. a waste of money and space as far as I am concerned
on 1 April 2010
New recipies to do on grill. I like a lot! Shows different ways to cook food fast!
on 24 May 2013
Delighted with the speed and quality of cooking using this grill.
I use it almost every day - chicken, steak and vegetables taste out of this world and look great too.
The flavour is chargrilled in - all in a few minutes. Easy to clean too. Get one now.
on 25 August 2014
Deceptively good kitchen tool. Great substitute for oven and grill when cooking just for two. Will be useful in the caravan, too.
Slight drawback is that the very lightweight fat collector doesn't quite manage to do what it's designed for.
on 27 August 2013
every one in the world must own one of these so i thought i would and i am really happy i did my only little niggle is it seems on the smallish side even though it is a family one thank goodness i got one with removable grill plates for cleaning
on 4 June 2015
I bought my first Forman grill and purchased this book to go along with it. It provides ideas of ways to cook on the forman grill but lacks the photographs of other cook books which I find give me the inspiration to try something new.