5.0 out of 5 stars This book deserves its 5-star ratings!!!
Published on 30 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for my 15-year old granddaughter and she threw it across the room in disgust. From reading the blurb she got the imp
For a start the title is so off-putting. I bought it for my 15-year old granddaughter and she threw it across the room in disgust. From reading the blurb she got the impression that I was thinking she was a druggie, even though I know she smokes.
I've read some of it myself and it appears to be too factual in nature for a teenager to absorb. Maybe she'll come back to...
Published 1 month ago by Ms. Mary R. Westwood

5.0 out of 5 stars This book deserves its 5-star ratings!!!, 30 April 2001
By A Customer
This is one amazing book; my parents had the original 7 habits (of highly effective people by Sean's dad Stephen) but they got this book for me. It manages to put all the points across wonderfully well whilst still being worth reading for the humour alone (I'm 17 years old by the way). In fact this book is so good I came to this page to order one for a friend's birthday! Every teenager should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for every teen out there..parents too, 26 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I got this book for my 15th birthday. When I saw it I asked my dad "Are you implying something by this?" as a joke. He just smiled and told me to read it. I'm so glad I did. I read it in two days...and already my whole viewpoint has changed. I'm in the process of redoing my life. Thanks to Sean Covey for writing a book that understands teens. The only one so far I have read. If you know a teen or a parent of a teen PLEASE give them this book because it'll help them so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers (Paperback)
I came to this book through a series of emotional literacy sessions for adults, organised by my daughter's school. I am a parent and a qualified executive coach.

The temptation for us as parents is to assume that we know it all; we've been there, done it and made plenty of mistakes so our children don't have to. As practicing coaches, we are perhaps in greater danger of assuming we are `all knowing'. Not only do we have our own life experience to draw on, we are equipped with lots of techniques to help our kids to get it right by working things out for themselves. In reading this book, as parent and coach, I was struck by how easy it is not to put our theories into practice when it comes to our closest relationships. Much of the book is common sense stuff we sort of already know. Unfortunately, even as knowledgeable adults we need to have it spelled out, to spend time actually thinking about it and even more time putting it into effect.

The book tackles some meaty issues pertinent to teenagers, such as relationships, sex, addictions, family background etc. in a way that is both rational and empathetic. It acknowledges that in life we have to tackle some difficult stuff and have to work hard at creating a fulfilling life. However the book gives many tools to assist in this process and sources of further assistance.

In my opinion, the book is excellent! My only (very minor) criticism is that some of the language and anecdotes are rather American, which could slightly alienate a wider audience. However, this book is not aimed at me. Our teenagers are probably very familiar with American culture and comfortable with the language used. I will seek my daughter's opinion when she has read the book.

I gained a lot from reading this book and enjoyed a sense of optimism on finishing it. I have set myself several action points to work on as a direct result. If I can learn from this, just imagine the impact it could have on someone just starting out - the sky really is the limit!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book For Teenagers and Adults!, 22 Dec 2005
S. Finlay (Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Whilst this book is written for teenagers, it equally applies to adults. It is written in plain english, is easy to understand and full of pictures/stories. Most of all its FUN to read. It is like reading a textbook without evening knowing it!! It covers habits that we all need to develop - whatever age we are -taking responsibility for our lives, defining what you want to do in your life, prioritising, adopt a win-win attitude, listening to people, working togehter and taking care of yourselves. I loved it - would recommend it to teenagers, their parents, trainers or just anyone looking for self development.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier to read than original, 25 Aug 2004
Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I've had the original for about 3 years and never got past the third chapter. I dug it out about a month ago with a new steely determination to read it. That is until I spotted Stephen Covey's son Sean's book habits for teens. This was really effortless to read. This really covers the ground of his dad's book but with a more 'young' and 'fun' enthusiasm to it. I've Knocked off a star as it doesn't cover a topic about habits that I believe is the most important point of all about the power of habits. Having said that it certainly does cover a lot of ground and should be read as a great understanding of habits.

update 05.12.10
---------------

I recently read How To Be Smart With Your Time: Expert Advice from the Star of Dragons' Den. Its the best book I've read on identifying where your time goes, getting focus and identifying your passions. Read my review as I've covered in depth my personal journey as well as the book contents. You'll notice the ADD mind in the behaviour :o)

Creator of the Beginner Tai Chi (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 31 July 2004
This book is the best book ever! It really is a bible! The language is so easy to understand and you can easily apply all the advice and tips to real life teenage situations.
This book has taught me how to be a better person and be confident with myself. It's easy reading and is broken down into readable sections. There are cartoons and 'Baby Steps' to help you quickly apply and start using the information.
I would really really really reccommend this book to everyone. Even skim reading, this book will give you everything you need to change your life for the better. From helping you get on with your parents to being anything you want to be, this book has it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, a must-read, 12 May 2001
By A Customer
This book is possibly the best book I have ever read and makes complete sense to me and my teenage brain. Before having the pleasure to read this this book I thought things were going ok in my life, they were, but I hadn't anticipated how much better they could get and how much more of a person I could be. The seven-habits make perfect sense and give you a feeling of discovery which you know that others havn't experienced. Perky little annimations and real-life stories keep your mind awake and assures you that this stuff really does work. It's not a book that you read once and stuff it in a box under your bed, it's a book that you can read over and over again and each time you can pick up something that you might of missed last time around. It helps you to communicate better with other people and view their mistakes and your mistakes in a different light. There's lots more to this book that I'm sure I havn't wrote about but that doesn't matter, read it yourself coz it's a great piece of work and just feel sorry for the others that havn't read it. John Walker aged 14 and a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly wicked book..., 19 Jan 2006
I picked up this book merely because I had heard a lot about the seven habits of highly effective people. I don't think I really expected to learn anything from it. I guess I was, and still am really, the archetypal know it all teenager who doesn't need any help with anything. However, this book shows you life strategies that really do work. Some of the things in it are so simple that you wonder why you never thought like that before. This is a great book for teenagers, because we are often probably more likely to listen to a book than to a person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book for Families and Schools, 17 Dec 1998
By A Customer
A very practical book for teenagers or parents who want to find out more about their kids. As a school principal we are currently using it in a class that deals with resolution of conflict and other life skills. Both kids and teachers seem to relate well to it. For the past three summers we have done a leadership camp for grades 6,7 and 8 using the seven habits. This year we expect to do the same but make this book an integral part of the program.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for a teenager or as a training tool., 27 Oct 1998
By A Customer
Teenagers are so extremely busy today trying to juggle school, home life, friends, sports, after school activities, friends and plan for the future. This book helps a teen to recognize the need to look at and begin from a solid foundation in life.
I work for the Office for Youth Ministry in the Archdiocese of Boston. I run many training sessions for adult youth ministers and leaders who work with teenagers. We help them create effective youth ministry environments. This book has proven an extremely effective tool in that process.
It is an easy read for the teenager or for the adult that wants to read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People but want to read it from a lighter perspective. It was also used as a text for a one day training course for a group of teens at a local high school. They loved it, especially the Baby Step recommendation sections. A great gift for a teen or for those of us young at heart

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers by Sean Covey (Paperback - 16 Aug 2004)
10.49