4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Treasure
Published on 5 Feb 2010 by R. McCarthy

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
I bought this book off the back of the same author's "Lessons from history" which I would highly recommend.This book is good enough but I was left disappointed because Durant had done such a great job with "Lessons from History"
Published 14 months ago by Taekwon

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Treasure, 5 Feb 2010
R. McCarthy (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time (Hardcover)
This is a great read for anyone, who like me, wishes to know more about history's great thinkers but doesn't know where to start. I can't remember the last time I learned so much in such a short space of time. It is lively, thought provoking while at the same time challenging with some of it's selections. My only criticism is that it's too short! But maybe that is no bad thing; makes you feel you want to learn more.

This little gem should be on everybody's bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for those beginning philosophy, 19 April 2014
T. Akinjide-Obonyo "Thulane" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time (Hardcover)
This is a great book. For those of you beginning to understand philosophy and wanting to see the philosophy to underpin western civilisation this is the best book to start with. It was inside is an easy to understand style and is short but not too short giving you enough to ponder on.

I would like to say that the service I received from the seller was exceptional. The book was delivered in good quality and in a short space of time.

Making me through this book as I believe many of these ideas have the capacity to change a life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 5 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, and never boring, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time (Hardcover)
I just wish I could write like Will Durant. Almost every sentence is beautifully constructed and contains an original thought. And yet he is not difficult to read (even if he has the alleged failing of occasionally starting sentences with "and" like me). Reading this makes one feel though that one has missed out on a proper education because he covers more than you are likely to be familiar with if one has followed a typical modern education. Highly recommended. This is the second book by Will Durant I have read with pleasure and I may pursue some of the recommendations of the "one hundred best books" contained in this one, even if many are clearly going to be archaic.

4.0 out of 5 stars There is few great points but it is hard to read beacause of ..., 10 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time (Hardcover)
Half of the book is just naming the other authors. There is few great points but it is hard to read beacause of the unnecessary naming of names as Sokrates, Nitze, etc. etc. at one point. - maybe bc they wanted to make the book short. Durant is great anyway :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss on this one!, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time (Hardcover)
Bought this for myself but husband started reading it ,now he can't put it down!!!
I look forward to start reading too.
Only read bits and pieces and i must say it's quite captivating!!!
Not too big too!
Treat yourself to one!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Oct 2014
Excellent book

The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time
The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time by Will Durant (Hardcover - 22 April 2003)