on 9 April 2013
A real page turner..keeps you on your tenter hooks from the beginning and "darts about"....this author can do no wrong for me..I have only just come across him but....its a "can't put it down" when you start...well, having said that, don't read it last thing at night, "sleep tight, don't have nightmares"...but you could. Seriously, magic writing.
on 27 August 2012
Just could not put this one down. Neil Cross creates characters that you feel you know, and some that your glad you don't. This is a cracking story that is so fast paced; its breakneck plot twists, turns and glued me to the pages. I really enjoy the Brit settings of his novels; refreshingly familiar and accurate observations of life here in UK. Highly entertaining read thanks...
on 23 August 2014
A really good read - I keep vowing to read '5 more pages' and end up reading about 20 !!
I had to consult my dictionary a few times - some words are not in common usage and couldn't be worked out by the sentence/paragraph they were in.
It is the first Neil Cross book I have read & this has left me hungry for more.
on 1 July 2013
I struggled with the first half of the book as Cross got the characters going and even debated not continuing to read it through. The second half of the book the story kept me interested and in the end I enjoyed it.
on 15 October 2009
a very compelling book keeps the reader on their toes throughout.I tend to find i enjoy a book more if the main character is interesting or attractive in Holloway its both although hes incredibly disturbed too but hey whatever.The pace is fast and it keeps you guessing to the end i would definetly recommend it and have just lent my copy to my friend as she is an avid reader like myself.
11 comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2014
Wonderfully descriptive and skilfully plotted, you'll find it hard to put this one down. I'm a Neil Cross fan now :)
on 16 February 2015