4.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh - how did he get the presidency?
With such classics as "i appreciate how hard it is for you to put food on your children" you have to wonder how he became the worlds most powerfull man!!!
Published on 13 Aug 2004 by Mark Dunlop

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for 20 mins
We had a chuckle with this on Xmas Day. Some of them went right over our heads but that'll be why they were in there. Def a book to read then pass on. Saying that, I'd go back and read it again! I just can't believe he came out with that much utter rubbish!
Published on 14 Jan 2010 by Debzisme

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh - how did he get the presidency?, 13 Aug 2004
This review is from: George W. Bushisms: The Slate Book of Accidental Wit and Wisdom of Our 43rd President: The Slate Book of the Accidental Wit and Wisdom of Our 43rd President (Paperback)
Good book which will have you rolling. Did not get five stars simply because it is much shorter than I thought it would be and there is only 1 quote per page - Its not that i thought there would be more quotes (even he cant talk a whole lot more rubbish) but I thought it would be more of a narrative.
Good anyway

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 16 Aug 2004
K. Abraham (Southampton, England.) - See all my reviews
I picked this book up while I was on vacation in New York last July. And I must admit, its a hilarious book with plently of linguistic misadventures by Mr. Bush. Whether you are a fan of Bush or not, it doesn't matter, because this book is accessible to a universal audience! From Washington to Baghdad, this book is the best for people interested in simple political satire!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Book, 17 Jan 2003
A page-turning book of great hilarity, readers will find it difficult to put down this book. Gore supporters will love it as a satirical farce of their opponent, while Bush supporters will find it endearing, illustrating Bush as "a man of the people"! If you're interested in American or international politics, "Bushisms" is a book that will make you laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Joke Is On Us, 9 Mar 2008
BeatleBangs1964 (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
"Got to be a joker, he just do what he please..." -- Beatles from "Come Together."

This book makes me think of the classic, "Everybody Plays the Fool" because "there's no exception to the rule." The line "don't you think the joker laughs at you" from the Beatles' 1967 classic, "I Am the Walrus" is also startlingly a propos. Dumbya is a genuine fool.

This trenchant, very funny book underscores just how subliterate, inarticulate and lacking in intelligence Dumbya really is. While Dumbya's malapropisms are funny, it is also scary to think of somebody of such limited ability as president. Dumbya's administration is of the emperor's new clothing genre and I am glad to see more people coming out and publicly admitting that the emperor is naked.

Dumbya has proven yet again his overall incompetence by causing a federal deficit and his gross bungling the most senseless, needless and useless war involving America. Although much of this book covers 2000, it heralds what is yet to come from the worst president in history. For those who voted for him, I apologize if any offense was taken as none was meant. I do think that the joke ended up on everybody as we have been saddled with this incompetent person since the bungled election of 2000. Oh, and the election mess in Florida? No surprise there - Dumbya's brother Jeb's political state! Haven't they heard of the Voters' Rights Act of 1965? Apparently not, as many people were denied access to voting in the 2000 election.

There are many, myself included who feel the 2000 election was stolen. Had the fouled up election not taken place, we would not have ended up with this sad excuse of a president. I am very glad I didn't vote for him either time. Still, if you want some comic relief during these tense times, this book is for you. It is trenchant, cleverly written and well worth the read.

Bush is the Fool on Capitol Hill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toilet book!!, 7 May 2013
bought for my husband to read in the bathroom and he seems to like it. not very thick but more than enough quotes to keep you amused by how stupid the most powerful man in the world really was/is........

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for 20 mins, 14 Jan 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars very amusing read, 1 Feb 2002
By A Customer
A great collection of G.W Bush's most stupid statements. Gore supporters would love it. Bush supporters should be deeply embarrassed.
Perhaps one should recall the adage: If God had intended politician's to think, he would have given them brains.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Laugh, 7 July 2001
By A Customer
Many Americans call this man George "dumbya" Bush. If you read this book, you'll know why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gore Supporters will Love it, 7 Jun 2001
Mr Peter Bromley (Wigston, Leicester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My neice is a lawyer in the States. Her firm worked on the Gore appeal in Florida. I gave her this book for her birthday and she loved it. Anyone who supported Gore will relish the wit of the 'foot IN mouth' President. We in the UK - if at all cynical about politics, will be able to share the joke. Politics is the same the world ofer after all!

3.0 out of 5 stars He put his mouth in motion before his brain was in gear, 20 Feb 2001
By A Customer
We all do it sometimes... Open our mouths and say something - but if our brains had been in gear, we most probably would not have said it...
Well... George W. does this a lot too....
Well.. it gives us someting to laugh at !