5.0 out of 5 stars Feel each emotion in the present moment
Gary Zukav's previous book set out his basic concept explaining how expansion of human perception beyond the 5 senses leads to a new understanding of power as the alignment of personality with the soul,in other words, "authentic power".
In this book, he and his spiritual partner show us the importance of emotional awareness in our own daily lives.
Developing...
Published on 26 Feb 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Attacks Our Insecurity and Loneliness
Zukav knows many people are lonely, are pursuing things which don't matter and are not finding contentmnt when we acquire those things. He knows we don't want to die alone, just like Eleanor Rigby of the classic Beatles tune. Zukav knows we want to matter to others and to ourselves. It is that core insecurity that sells this book. He implies he has the answer.
In...
Published on 25 Feb 2005 by A.Trendl HungarianBookstore.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel each emotion in the present moment, 26 Feb 2004
By A Customer
Developing emotional awareness is challenging and difficult because it requires becoming aware of our buried emotional pain. This book shows us how to free ourselves from our compulsions, fixations, obsessions and addictions. These include anger, workaholism, perfectionism, obsessive eating, alcohol and drug abuse and sexual addiction.
Emotional awareness - becoming aware of everything we are feeling at every moment - is one of the most challenging tasks we can undertake. As Zukav says in the book: "The longest journey that you will make in your life is from your head to your heart." That, of course, is the journey towards spiritual growth - wholeness, wisdom, compassion and healing.
The chapters on Processing Energy I found to be very helpful. Everyone's energy system has 7 centres or chakras which I had heard of before. As energy flows through each centre it creates different emotional experiences. Energy enters our system through the crown chakra and moves downwards towards the base of the torso. Then it reverses, moves upwards and leaves the energy system where it entered. It also leaves the energy system through the other 6 centres at the same time.
But, there are only 2 ways that energy can leave the system: 1)in fear and doubt or 2) in love and trust. No matter where or how energy leaves your system, it produces an emotion. Fear and doubt produce painful emotions and love and trust produce positive emotions. According to Zukav, you may think that your anger comes from an interaction with a rude person but it does not. It comes from leaving your energy system in fear and doubt. Similarly with the emotion of sorrow from the death of a friend.
The 6th centre or chakra is in your forehead between the eyes. This centre allows you to see more than the 5 senses can show you. According to Zukav this centre is becoming active within the person who is reading the book (or perhaps, I think, even you reading this).
Zukav goes through each energy centre and describes sensations and emotions associated with each.
He also goes through the many ways in which we run away through: perfectionism, vacating, boredom, idol worship, overeating etc, etc.
This book makes me think a little more deeply about my actions and, more importantly, why I act in certain ways. As a 7 year meditator I feel that I am on the right track spiritually and I now believe that certain books and teachers come to me when I need them. Sometimes if things are explained in a different way suddenly the penny drops and I feel that this has happened with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars start living your life authentically now,read this book, 5 Mar 2002
This review is from: Heart of the Soul (Paperback)
This inspiring book invites us to live life authentically with love and compassion and with joy rather than see life through pain ,fear and anxiety. With powerful and simple techniques the authors show us how to feel our emotions in different parts of our bodies, they ask us to take the time to really pay attention to those feelings in order to life a full life. There are also incredibly interesting and enlightening chapters on different ways in which we all deny or cover up our feelings to avoid pain , everyone who reads this book will recognise themselves in these chapters and will find useful tools to help live a more joyfull life .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool to help understand yourself and others, 5 Mar 2002
This review is from: Heart of the Soul (Paperback)
I was always searching for tools to help understand myself and other people, also why I react the way I do to certain situations. This book has helped me see things with incredible clarity. The beginning is slow as the author needs to establish the fundamentals but then once that has been read the rest is easy and quick to read although there is a lot of homework!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it for a present., 8 May 2014
This review is from: Heart of the Soul (Paperback)
I heard a lot of great things about Gary Zukav and know it would make a great read and lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like more than 'man' wrote this fantastic book,, 2 Mar 2014
Incredible reading. Patience required while reading the first 4 or 5 chapter, many terminologies are constantly repeated, which can drown the reader. I Recommend you just keep going, and much becomes very clear later in the book. I would encourage everyone who has spiritual leanings, to pick up this book and read it. A truly amazing and enlightening feast, written with divine help. This comes through time and time again as you read on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 1 Jan 2014
Mrs. L. Phillips (Kent,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heart of the Soul (Paperback)
My GP suggested that I buy this book and it was interesting but not sure if I could do all the things that they suggested in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for today's challenges., 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Heart of the Soul (Paperback)
So relevant for today's challenges and working with the soul is certainly a place we should now be at. Wish I had discovered this book years ago. So impressed have purchased Gary's other books relating to the soul as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars soul stirring, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Heart of the Soul (Paperback)
i have not read that yet but knowing the author this will be another inspiring book. I will circulate it among firends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Aug 2014
Great

2.0 out of 5 stars Attacks Our Insecurity and Loneliness, 25 Feb 2005
In "The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness," Zukav mixes various religious points of view and trues to create a new paradigm. Like any self-help book, he tries to toss around a mew vocabulary to distinguish his thoughts from, say, Tolle or Myss. Zukav's book makes it sound as if he himself has invented God.
The goal presented readers is spiritual development. Why? No real reason, except for self-serving ones. Zukav leads readers into the same self-serving trap he condemns them for, only this time with a spiritual spin.
Spiritual development is a fine aspiration, but Zukav manages to pervert what this means, corrupting the message of his book into just another money-making Pied Piper-ized search for ourselves.
All the lonely people might rush out to buy this one, but I don't recommend it, not for you, or for Eleanor Rigby. Seek first the kingdom of God, but don't expect Zukov to show you the way. The answer isn't in "The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness."
Anthony Trendl

Heart of the Soul
Heart of the Soul by Linda Francis (Paperback - 4 Feb 2002)
12.99