5.0 out of 5 stars Like having your very own bake shop!
I bought this book along with the magnolia bakery book, and have not used any other cook book since. The recipes are old-fashioned and over the top(just the way they should be) and of course typically American.
Published on 8 Dec. 2004 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Judge a book by it's cover!!
I purchased this book over the weekend and was slightly dissapointed. Firstly as it's an american cookbook the measurments are in cup measures so if like me you don't have a cup measure don't use your mug you have your tea as this definately will not work.

Published on 15 Sept. 2008 by MiniMak

5.0 out of 5 stars Like having your very own bake shop!, 8 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, the (Hardcover)
And the fact that the book is American brings me to my one and only criticism of the book, all the recipes are in cup measurements, which could be problem if you live outside the USA or if you don't own a set of measuring cups(which i bought because of this book).
But don't let the only downside discourage you from buying one of the best baking books around. The wording of the book is short and sweet, the recipes are simple and easy to follow and the results really are worth the time and somewhat minimal effort you put in. (i've tried 6 recipes and the results have been perfect every time).
I would strongly recommend you buy this book(or go to the actual bakery, as I intend to, one day).

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive cakebook, 11 May 2008
E. Hawes "snuffles" (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, the (Hardcover)
So far so good. I have made 3 of the recipes in this book and all have turned out well. A few of the recipes look pretty ambitious but are outlined pretty simply. They are old fashioned cakes and pies with old fashioned ingredients. Just a note though, do make sure you have some cup measurements and measuring spoons as all the recipes use these as measurements. Only criticism is that I wish there were more recipes.
Overall a really good book that you will find yourself going back to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book. But beware .., 26 Aug. 2008
Gayle D. Alexander "gayle" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, the (Hardcover)
SO.. I have allways loved the buttercups bake shop.. but I really wanted to eat whatever it is on the cover of this book. I allways find it really dissappointing when there is a pretty picture on the cover but no recipe to follow the picture. I find it misleading.

For anyone who bought this for the pretty cupcakes on the cover.. think again.. look for another.. Though it does have the recipe for red velvet frosting.. Nothing on how to make buttercream :(...

All in all its not what I was looking for.. I will buy the others in search of that cupcake recipe.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Judge a book by it's cover!!, 15 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, the (Hardcover)

My real dissapointment was that there is only ONE photo in the entire book. The only tasty think about this book is it's cover. The receipes themselves don't sound too inviting.

Personally if like me you like to see a picture of what your end result should look like (Not that mine ever look as perfected as in the picture's) then this book is not for you and definately not for me!

Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, the
Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, the by Appel (Hardcover - 29 Oct. 2001)