4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this book
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by S. Pecover

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tonight
I was disappointed that the cover of this book was rather worn. The inside was OK. I enjoyed reading it -quite a heartbreaking story with a happy ending.
Published 20 months ago by DeeC

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying this book, 9 Jan 2012
S. Pecover (England) - See all my reviews
This is an interesting book which I ordered from a UK company so that it would be in time for Christmas but it came from the USA in January! However it gives a facinating picture of Pattie Boyd's life and the scene in the 1960/1970's. There is a lot of name dropping and you could lose track of who's who at times. All in all it was a book I always wanted to read and I am not disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter drivel, 13 Oct 2013
I knew this wouldn't exactly be high brow, but I thought it would at least be entertaining. Wrong. It is one of the most banal things I have ever read. I am skim reading most of it as it is so bad. This woman lived through the madness of the Beatles in the 60's and writes nothing of any note about the period. I had hoped for some insight into George's personality, but i get no picture of him at all. I don't even really get that much of a picture of Patti herself, other than as someone who is completely self absorbed. The worst moment is when she suggests that Eric Clapton became a heroin addict as she wouldn't leave George for him. Now that may have been a factor, but I think it takes more than a rejection to turn someone into a drug addict. Honestly, don't bother buying this. Anything you might be interested in you will most likely already know.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Insde Scoop On The Beatles, 25 Mar 2013
This book tells you everything you ever wanted to know about in the inner circle of the Beatles lives.
Swinging London the music and fashion world and the people involved in the counter culture.
Patty Boyd like many females in history, doesn't get credit for her contributions to (particularly Beatles) history.
I can see how men fell in love with her. She was a cultured woman that helped a man enjoy his life with dignity.
It was Patty that arranged for the Beatles to meet the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. So her spiritual influence on the entire western world was profound. I hope that history doesn't remember her as a mere housewife.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tonight, 14 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
Brilliant paperback, was always wanting to read this one, only cost 1 As well, arrived promptly

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Tonight, 10 Aug 2009
M. Dixon (UK) - See all my reviews
Good service but this was a present for my husband who is a massive Clapton fan. Said he couldn't get into the book and didn't particularly rate it that good. Just his opinion, I have yet to attempt to read it.

Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me
Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me by Penny Junor (Audio CD - 7 Aug 2007)
Used & New from: 28.42