Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 September 2014
Even though many of the tabs are great and it allows me to have all of joni's catalogue in one place far too many of the chord shapes are wrong. Having spent years collecting all of joni's tabs created by joniphiles on Jonimitchell.com I was able to check and make the corrections myself. If the errors were not so plentiful i would have overlooked a few typos and been happy with the purchase but with so many peppered across the whole book I'm a little bit miffed and suggest purchasing with caution and be prepared to cross check with the transcriptions over at jonimitchell.com.
on 7 February 2015
All these tabs are available online, mainly as part of the JMDL (Joni Mitchell Discussion List) website, but it's great to have them all in one place. I thought she'd written a lot more than 167 songs then I realised that a lot of the piano based songs are not included - unless she has performed a live version on guitar - hence there are only two songs included here from the Mingus album. The paper quality isn't great but I suppose when cramming all those songs into one book they had to compromise somewhere.
on 16 April 2016
This is much better for guitar than I'd hoped. I still play about 5 songs only, but plan to study Joni's chord and tuning methods to expand my own playing. To me Joni is an amazing artist that somehow is able to push the boundaries of composition with tweaking the guitar strings to her will. I have already used her tuning ideas to arrange a Bob Dylan song which I wouldn't have been able to do if I hadn't been giving the insight this book gives me. What I really enjoy is reading some of the lyrics that I didn't pay attention to much, but now that I have them it is fun to enjoy Joni's poetry, which come straight from the heart and feels so present and real. It is my pleasurable time to use this book and it seems to bring a faint inner smile as I play her lovely tunes.
on 30 August 2014
This book of Joni Mitchell songs is amazing. I would recommend it to anybody interested in joni's guitar style. Or fans of open tunings.
on 3 February 2015
Excellent book - lyrics, music, guitar chords all beautifully presented. Too advanced fpr me but would suit a more gifted guitarist .
on 27 April 2014
A real treat for Joni fans. Simple instructions on how to play and sound like the originals. Worth every penny.
on 16 September 2014
waited for this for so long and glad when it was brought out
on 14 February 2015
Very useful book for the open tuning if you are into Joni
on 7 May 2015
Excellent book. Every tuning is described. Perfect!
on 7 June 2016
Love this book, got two now.